Please Help !

Discussion in 'Quail' started by OzawkieBantams, Mar 10, 2011.

1. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    I was putting my bag of chick starter away and realized that the people I got the feed from gave me Medicated chick starter. Is this ok?
    If I remember right your not supposed to feed quail medicated feed.
    Please Help !
    Daren

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  2. _Randall_

_Randall_ Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:This is a very bad misconception, in my opinion. My Purena Quail/Turkey Starter is medicated, and it's done at the factory for a purpose.......to feed quail and turkey chicks. Some on here will differ, but my chicks get raised on it, with excellent results. [​IMG]

3. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:This is a very bad misconception, in my opinion. My Purena Quail/Turkey Starter is medicated, and it's done at the factory for a purpose.......to feed quail and turkey chicks. Some on here will differ, but my chicks get raised on it, with excellent results. [​IMG]

well this is Naturewise Chick starter/ grower crumbs (AMP) (40#) (NK) MEDICATED

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    THE (AMP) DOESNT HAPPEN TO STAND FOR AMPROLIUM DOES IT? (READ THE TAG CAREFULLY FOR INGREDIANTS) IF SO THEN YES ITS BAD FOR THEM.... THE FDA DISCONTINUED ITS USE FOR QUAIL... THATS WHY ALL PURINA MEDICATED STARTER BAGS WITH AMPROLIUM CLEARLY STATE FOR PHEASANT USE ONLY IN RED ON THE TAG.... THEY DO MAKE IT MEDICATED WITH OTHER DRUGS... SO NOT ALL MEDICATED STARTERS WILL HAVE THIS IN IT

5. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:Yes. ....And changing there food

6. _Randall_

_Randall_ Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    [​IMG]
    Quote:Ozakwie, when it comes to the technical stuff relating to biology of feeds and such, you'd better listen to ol' JJMR..........He's up studyin' this stuff while we're asleep... [​IMG]
    He's the E. F. Hutton of the quail board........ (and if you don't know about E. F. Hutton, well...........)

7. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:Ozakwie, when it comes to the technical stuff relating to biology of feeds and such, you'd better listen to ol' JJMR..........He's up studyin' this stuff while we're asleep... [​IMG]
    He's the E. F. Hutton of the quail board........ (and if you don't know about E. F. Hutton, well...........)

"When E. F. Hutton talks, people listen"

AMPROLIUM
    Is the active ingredient 0.125% and the warning says WARNING: USE AS A SOURCE OF AMPROLIUM

I will be stopping in to get a new bag today. this sucks cause now I will be sitting on a 40 lbs bag of Medicated feed [​IMG] [​IMG]

Daren

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  8. mhwc56

mhwc56 Songster

Aug 5, 2010
    my house in maryland
    if you just got the medicated bag and it's unopened can't you return it with the explanation....?

9. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:It was opened

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: