PLEASE HELP

chicks51415

In the Brooder
May 16, 2015
I had eight eggs two of the eggs hatched and they were fine! They hatched on the 21st day like normal. Except for one on the 25th day. when he finally got out of the shell he couldn't get fully out and we had to help him. When he came out his toes curled which we made something to fix. . Along with other problems. Like he's balding on his neck, he won't stand up right or lay down. And the other chicks weren't like this AT ALL. please tell me what to do. He neck seems weird and he will not lift up his head. It almost seems like becasue he was in the egg so long, that his posture is completely off. He looks helpless and isn't getting better and peeping in distress. PLEASE HELP ME I don't want him to suffer

Last edited:

D

Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :) Try the "Emergencies, Diseases, Injuries and Cures" section. Unfortunately, it is never a good idea to help a chick out of its shell, which is why it is recommend not to do it. If you "help" a chick, there is usually something wrong with them, which is why they couldn't get out on their own. We made that mistake once, with several chicks--they all died.
sad.png
I hope your chick will survive.

Please post in detail on the emergencies thread. Maybe he needs some time to get his act together. Crowding in the egg can cause problems. Is he able to eat and drink?

Does he poo? Some folks put a baby chick in a cup so it keeps the legs under them and helps them stand, until they are strong enough to do it themselves.

Back
Top Bottom