Please I need help ASAP, guineas are way early!!!! Update

giasmom

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2009
Woodville, Al
Today is day 24, I just went into turn (by hand) and 1 egg is pipped (a small triangular shape out of the egg) & six more eggs are cracked ( about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch long). What is going on here???? Is this something else or are they actually hatching this early? I know for a fact that this is day 24 !!! Should I stop turning now ??? Help, any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, I haven't even upped the humidity yet.

Last edited:
Please someone ! I need to know what I need to do. I've never had a hatch like this. i see the one moving inside there, will they have enough moisture to get out???

Last edited:
I had one of mine hatch overnight, they weren't due till Monday. It doesn't seem to be having any trouble, so I'm not going to worry about it.

It's funny, cause you are not the first person I've seen posting about this today!! I wonder what the deal is? I had chukars that hatched 2 days late, and pheasant that also hatched 2 days late, then this guinea that is 3 days early!! Must be something in the air!

Oh, and you should definitely stop turning and up the humidity. I had to move mine to the hatcher real fast!! Obviously they are hatching, or they wouldn't be pipped. They just don't know they are early, or just don't care
smile.png

Thanks Shelley. Should I spray them with some water or something. I don't know how long they have been like this. They were all just fine when I left for the swap this morning at 5am, then I come home at 5 pm and find this.

Early is much better than late. Is it possible they were set on by the mother a few days before they were put in the incubator? It sounds like you are in good shape. Keep the sprayed with warm water and enjoy it.

Danny, These eggs were given to me and some were 3 days & some were 6 days when I got them Then I let them sit for a day before putting them in the bator.

I wouldn't spray them, just put a wet sheet of paper towel inside the incubator, that will help the humidity rise faster. My one that hatched overnight didn't get any special treatment. On the other hand, the pipped pheasant egg that was in the hatcher when I put the guineas eggs in got to get helped out of the shell, it was all dried and sticking to the poor thing where the original pip was.

Back
Top Bottom