please let me know if i am boy or girl!

augiedranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
the first picture is 'junior'. am i a girl? mommy really hopes so, cuz she cant keep 8 boys.. out of 10 chicks hatched....
sad.png
thanks guys.. oh, and am i a bantam?

the second pic is of my buff orpington. am i a boy too? my name is sunny

junior.jpg

sunny4.jpg

awwwww!
sad.png

well junior is really small! especially compared to the other one pictured....

i wanted a female bantam so much cuz i heard they make good mothers and that they always want to brood.. i like it when mine brood...

well,, do any of the chicks i have now like to brood like bantams do? I have a RIR, blk sex link, new hampshire red, ameraucanas, buff orpingtons, golden polishs...

thanks

The 2nd does not look like my buff orphington chick. It looks more like my new hampshire chick which has a black tipped tail, and the reddish orange body and black strip on its beak. But I'm a newbie to chickens. Just sharing.

I agree - the second one is not a buff orpington. very cute, but not a buff. (we have 11 buffs and one buff roo in the henhouse, so that's all I see everyday and we raised seven of the hens from the time they were a week and two weeks old so I saw them as chicks.)

here is what my buffs looked like as chicks. the smaller ones are one week old, the bigger ones are two weeks old and shedding their baby fluff for real feathers:

may5chickensresaved.jpg

Back
Top Bottom