Please, please, please, tell me I'm wrong!

Heather J

Songster
11 Years
May 29, 2008
So I got 8 white frizzled cochins from Ideal three weeks ago, they only do it straight run, so I figured I could get a lot of roos--no problem, I could deal with that. Only I have a problem. They are three weeks old tomorrow and all of them are developing combs! Please tell me I'm wrong and there is some minuscule chance that this baby could be a girl instead!

comb

If they start getting combs, it doesn't mean it's a rooster, but if they start turning red, then your in trouble..

I agree. I have one I swore was a boy but as the rest got redder hers stayed the same, just a bit bigger then my other girls. Red is the best indicator
wink.png

Krista

Whew! All right then, I'll wait a few more weeks until I start seeing them redden up really good. When I started seeing those combs I just about died. I can live with 4 or 5 boys out of the seven if i must, but I'd really rather have at least a couple of girls (more would, of course, be better. lol)

My barred cochin is only a couple of weeks older than they are and his comb is already really red, so I won't have very long to wait.

Quote:
Heather ,
Did all your cochins "frizzle"? I ordered 4 and all mine ended up frizzled.I was happy but I think I have 3 roos out of 4.
idunno.gif

you're wrong...oh, wait, what's the question???
lol.png

they all get combs. keep watching, you'll see that some stay short and others will sprout up like gang busters!

that is a cutie no matter what!

I posted pictures of my cochins, both turned out to be roosters, they are now crowing. Lilpeeps replied and posted a really nice picture of her two roosters and one pullet. Check it out under. What Gender?? (Pictures) by Sandy Sea

Back
Top Bottom