please post pics of BO, SS, and Bl Aussies at 6 weeks?

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
I've got groups of Buff Orps, Speckled Sussex and 4 Black Aussies and all are about 6-8 weeks old. I need to know which ones are cockerals and which are pullets, as I'm selling 2 of each to a friend and they only want pullets/hens later. (They said its ok if I make a mistake, that we can trade later on, but I tend to think that's harder to do in reality, as I get attached to my birds and don't want to have us each have to re-introduce a strange bird to the existing flock later on....) Can you advise me about feathering and comb types on young birds of these breeds? They are pure and they were eggs from breeders of those types, not a hatchery. I hatched most of them here in my bator...the BOs are from Jody...I want to keep all the rest of them, but just need to pick out 2 pullets from each group. Thanks
Lisa

All I have that you listed is one Buff Orp and I'm almost positive she's a pullet! She has thinner legs, absolutely no red in her comb and not much signs of wattles yet. Now she's almost 12 weeks old.

Here are a couple pix of her around 7-8 weeks. Sorry they aren't the best pix, but they're all I have at that age.

XPB_BuffOrp_Amelia_22May08.jpg

XPB_BuffOrp_Amelia2_22May08.jpg

Thanks
anyone else?
I think I must have both girl and boys in my buff orps...they are looking different than each other...

Back
Top Bottom