Please post pics of EE X WHITELEGHORNS?

Quote:
Not possible...

Id(Dominant Dermal Inhibitor) responsible for Yellow shanks(or white depending on skin color) is Sex linked meaning rooster(your white leghorn roo) have too copies of the Z sex chromosome(ZZ).. Girls have only one copy (ZW)

ZZ roo mated to ZW female= all boys will have one copy of her father Z chromosome and all girls will get their ONLY Z chromosome from their dad..

id+(recessive to Id) responsible for slate(colored shanks, or black depending on skin color and e allele, Black on Extended black and Er) is recessive to Id

Boys will have one copy of this id+ from their mother, so they will be Id/id+ but since Id is dominant they will have yellow shanks, Girls cant have id+ from their mother...

Nicalandia, I'm not sure what you just said. I've reread it multiple times and I'm guessing you mean that none of the offspring will have green legs because the slate leg gene is recessive.

Sorry for suggesting this was true. I was only meaning to share what had been shared with me and what I have experienced. Wish I had hatched a pullet so I could share more.

Last edited:
Quote:
sorry....
sad.png
I'll explain it better...

in Humans Sex chromosomes: boys are XY and Grils are XX, where X is the most important sex chromosome and Y is tiny in size compared to the X... meaning I(a boy) can't have my dad's X chromosome because the Only X chromosome I have is from my Mother, my dad can only give me his Y chromesome...

in Birds is the other way around

Boys are ZZ and Girls(Hens) are ZW where the most important sex chromosome is Z and W is very tiny in size compared to the Z....

in chickens genetics there exist many sex linked genes, one of the is dominant Id(Derman Inhibitor of pigment) and recessive id+(wich is responsible for shank coloring depending on skin color)

this means Boys can be Id/Id(representing 2 copies of Z) and hens can be Id/- ( the dash means a Void, representing the presence of only one copy of Z)

Boys can also be id+/id+ and girls can be id+/-

in your case your Leghorn boy was Id/Id and your Girl was id+/-

if you mate them this means

boys will get one copy of id+ from their mother and one copy of Id from their father
example: Id/id+ as you can see the dominant gene is presented first and recessive as second

girls will be Id/- and Only Id/-

if you have a question just let me know ok

Quote:
Hey just use one of your boys and mate it back to a Leghorn female and you will have the makings of a Nice Blue egger, one that will outlay any colored egg laying hens you ever had...
cool.png

I have one that is the product of a lavender EE and a white leghorn. She's snow white, but throws the occasional lav feather. Should start laying eggs soon. Slate legs, blue eggs? It's not looking like she will get the leghorn comb though. She's my prettiest bird!
The day she hatched:
75545_dsc01022.jpg

Baby pic:
75545_dsc01187.jpg

3 weeks ago:
75545_img_0360.jpg

With her sisters: Blue legs, green legs, yellow legs
75545_img_0364.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Not possible Unless the white leghorn carried Recessive Lavender gene... Lavender is recessive and can only fully expressed in feathers with 2 copies of the gene

Quote:
your hen has Slate Shanks id+/- and she will lay colored eggs because the blue egg gene is linked to the Pea comb...

Quote:
which is good if you want colored eggs...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom