Please Post Your Pics Of Landscaping Around Your Coop.

Amy PT

Songster
7 Years
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Here is a link to toxic plants for poultry to make a quick check on plants you are thinking about:
http://www.poultryhelp.com/toxicplants.html
Thanks for posting this list. We were planning on wedging our small coop and run into existing landscaping. I had planned to move most of the plants in that area, but I'm rethinking the whole thing now. We have a lot of columbine and lily of the valley in that spot. I'd hate for those plants to come up from seed and root, and our chickens to have heart problems as a result.

stone_family3

Songster
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Ohio
I love winter. It's that time of year when there is no rush to get anything done. When the weather is like this...

there is very little time for just taking it easy. I enjoy all the season, but I really like winter.
I was wondering what you have growing in your run? Is it decimated by fall?

PeepsAreForMe

Songster
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
Pemberton Borough, NJ
Here is a shot of some of our landscaping. The bigger plant in the middle is a grape vine, I thought our girls would like nibbling on that! The others are cone flowers and black eye susans. I plan on putting more around the rest of the fence and one or two inside. They won't be outside their protected run for long each day so I can get some things to grow inside!

MomsGoneMild

Chirping
7 Years
WOW! I almost didn't even look at this list of toxic (for chickens) plants. I am so glad that I did. There is easily 15 of those species in my yard. I cant think of any plants that are not on that list. We might do much better by coming up with a list of plants that ARE NOT toxic to chickens. Can everyone share plants that they KNOW ARE NOT toxic to their chickens?

vickiw

Songster
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
KAY~absolutely, WOW!
That is gorgeous! You're in Virginia? Are you in a snowy area? If so, what plans do you have in winter for the run?

There is no way I am going to post pics of my humble, up in wilds, little coop after seeing this. However, I just may show yours to my hubby with a few hints

Kay56

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
KAY~absolutely, WOW!
That is gorgeous! You're in Virginia? Are you in a snowy area? If so, what plans do you have in winter for the run?

There is no way I am going to post pics of my humble, up in wilds, little coop after seeing this. However, I just may show yours to my hubby with a few hints
Hi...Thanks so much......I think we are planning on making a roof to cover the run out of the tinted corrugated plastic panels for the winter. Right now we have a brown tarp we will use for rain that covers 3/4 of the run but leaves a couple feet exposed to sun. Trust me I think just a square box on legs is all we really needed....this thing too way to long to build...ha.ha Wish I had found this site first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom