Please Post Your Pics Of Landscaping Around Your Coop.

Rich Marshall

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 27, 2011
I am building our coop, 10x8x5 and will be landscaping around it in the spring and wondered if any of you want to share pics of your landscaped coop.
Thanks.

Ours is still a work in progress. We added the perimeter fence to keep the dogs from running up on them, it was a game to my girl Shepherd. Added some flower boxes to put annuals in. Soon we should be able to add new ones.

Was thinking on grapes up the left side, and sunflowers down the front, inside the fence but outside the runs.

We have some big projects going in the yard, a raised garden around the back half of the fire pit, pine trees along the back fence with a short retaining wall, walkway need to be finished but it's about there. Drainage was first, that's been a big improvement.

This was last year...

I keep my coop "hidden" on the side yard. Shhhhh!

Above. Gate to the side yard. At the far right of the picture you can see the edge of the outside dog kennel and rain barrell. You can barely see the top of the coop in the center of the picture.

This is just inside the side yard.

The coop has the solid door. The main run has the 2 "triangle" doors. The hardware clothe "column" to the right of the picture is the extended run. "Nellie R Smith" hollies shade/hide the coop. The plum tree in the middle shades the run. The little tree with the trunk wrap is a dwarf apple that needs to be moved due to overcrowding. The tree to the left of the picture is a pomegranate. I'm trying to get monkey grass to grow under the trees.

Last edited:
This is sort of a picture of the landscape a few weeks ago. I can't help felling that running around under the snow with no snow in the run must be fun.

This is an awesome thread! Too bad there aren't any pictures yet... LOL My coop is still under construction, but I too want the outside to look nice. I have asked to have a small deck built off the front of it. Just 5 feet off the front. This way I can put a couple chairs there, and some planters with flowers in them. I also plan on finding some nice wind chimes. I like decorative stuff like that. Here is a picture of my coop, still under construction, and under that a cool planter I think will look nice on my little deck (If they build it) I bought 2 of the planters, I am one of those people that feels I need to have everything in pairs! I will probably get a few bigger planters, and maybe ones for the windows too. :)

Back
Top Bottom