Please put your STATE under your NAME

joebryant wrote: Any new members out there who haven't listed their city/town, state. Knowing the location will help experienced members answer your questions; problems and solutions vary for different parts of the country

Yes.

And for those who have no latitude in this matter, simply don't supply the longitude (if costal/mountain also clue everyone in).

-39° 7' 48" (Putin knows the rest...)

Helps save time when your roo's comb is banged up in January and you wonder why members are tapping out frostbite fugues, when your roo is suffering down in the Keys...​

Yes I understand privacy by not listing your town.

But it is helpful to at least know the state a member is from. Does help out with answering some questions. Like weather related. Cause Oregon cold winters are different than Alaskan cold winters. Ect, Ect Ect..

I listed only my state first. But now list my town. I highly doubt a person is actually going to come looking for me. Unless they want to give me some cute fluffy chickies.. LOL... Even though I list a town, I dont list my actual address. So I feel safe saying where I am from.

ETA
Also a good reason to at least list state. Some people will do a thread about a natural disaster or some thing that has happened in their area.. And dont list where in the world it is. So some times it confusses me about where all this news is happening. Example. If a place is flooding due to rain. And they dont list a state but list a town. Many states have towns by the same name. Again that confusses me..

Thank you for your understanding. Please at least list your state.

Last edited:
Southeastern Mass. Central Tennessee. West Texas. Northern California. I really don't see how that compromises your privacy, those are all huge areas - and it helps so much with the giving of proper advice! Your privacy will not be compromised by offering a little location information.

Back
Top Bottom