Status
Not open for further replies.

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
We are having to do so many reminders of our BYC rules, all of which are in place to keep this place a pleasant place to visit and hang out with fellow chicken-lovers. If you would do us a favor and re-read the rules, located here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/misc.php?action=rules

Thank
you so much, all. Have a terrific weekend!
smile.png

I think everyone needs to refresh their memory of the rules from time to time. Some are more strong suggestions than rules, such as Rule #12. Go check it out.
wink.png
This must be a safe place for our younger members as well as being conducive to learning and I think things go swimmingly most of the time. The rules are not difficult to understand or follow and keep us running like a well-oiled machine, not to mention, they make my job easier. Have fun and enjoy BYC!
smile.png

Also, a VERY important note on the rules:

The BYC rules are guidelines for behavior. We wish we didn't need any rules and could let everyone participate freely and respectifully, unfortunately this is difficult when you get past 500 members on a forum (and we're just a tiny bit over that
wink.png
)

The rules are a foundation, but there are a LOT of grey areas that are difficult to moderate. Fortunately we have an AMAZING group of moderators (we really are very lucky) that work super well together for the benefit of this great community.

When moderating a topic or post the BYC staff look at the reports they receive, the context of the thread, and the history of a poster. If the poster has caused a lot of trouble in the past and has been warned multiple times, they (and their posts) will be moderated differently than a new member who may be less knowledgeable about our culture.

I'm going to copy what I posted to the staff privately the other day. This is in regards to how the staff work together:

Even though some comments / posts may not be meant to sound rude, racist, adult, etc. that they may be interpreted as such. That's why I love our diversity in here (staff) and how we all look at things. We may not all agree all the time (which is kinda good) but when the majority (of staff members) interpret something as "off" then I'm pretty confident the majority of the forum members would feel the same.

Our group in here (staff) is a great sampling of our membership and therefore an excellent proxy for how most people will read / interpret things.

Please everyone, read the rules, come to understand them and why they are there. These rules are based on over 50 years of combined experience managing this community and have proven to be perfect for our great group of members.

Keep up the good work and hold on tight for an amazing 2009!!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom