Please rescue Pekin Duck in Indiana

Susan C

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2019
I live on a suburban pond in Greenwood, Indiana. In June, my neighbor brought home two Pekin ducklings from Rural King and put them on the pond. One of the ducklings disappeared within 2 days. The other has survived so far. I feed the Mallards, and this Pekin has been eating as well. However, the mallards fly off after eating in the mornings and evenings, leaving the Pekin totally alone all day and night. It is breaking my heart seeing him sitting out there all alone, not to mention that he is vulnerable to the coyotes, fox and raccoons in the area. I would pay someone to come out and rescue him and take him somewhere where he can be with others of his kind and live a good life. Not in the wild where he is not supposed to be. I've even thought of introducing another domestic duck to keep him from being lonely, but know in my heart that I would be setting the second one up for certain death as well. I have contacted a nearby wildlife refuge who told me if I could bring it to them, they would take it. But I can't get near this duck and am gone from home 10 hours a day at work. Can anyone help rescue this poor soul?

In June, my neighbor brought home two Pekin ducklings from Rural King and put them on the pond
Geeze, I'm sorry your neighbor is such a Stew Pidasso... I'd be reporting them next time to the authorities. Babies need warmth. :mad: In addition to protection and nutrition.

If you can figure out where the duck is sleeping at night... or even set up a live catch trap with feed... it might be easier to grab it. :fl

oh my gosh that's so heart breaking, I hope someone is able to catch it soon before something bad happens to it :( If I were closer I would be there by the end of the day.

I live on a suburban pond in Greenwood, Indiana. In June, my neighbor brought home two Pekin ducklings from Rural King and put them on the pond. One of the ducklings disappeared within 2 days. The other has survived so far. I feed the Mallards, and this Pekin has been eating as well. However, the mallards fly off after eating in the mornings and evenings, leaving the Pekin totally alone all day and night. It is breaking my heart seeing him sitting out there all alone, not to mention that he is vulnerable to the coyotes, fox and raccoons in the area. I would pay someone to come out and rescue him and take him somewhere where he can be with others of his kind and live a good life. Not in the wild where he is not supposed to be. I've even thought of introducing another domestic duck to keep him from being lonely, but know in my heart that I would be setting the second one up for certain death as well. I have contacted a nearby wildlife refuge who told me if I could bring it to them, they would take it. But I can't get near this duck and am gone from home 10 hours a day at work. Can anyone help rescue this poor soul?

Hi Susan. I have an adult Peking duck that is lonely also. I would love to give it a home with my own. I live in Martinsville. Message me if it's still hanging around.

hi,i just joined this is a strange request im searching for a loving caring safe haven sanctuary in Indiana that is licenses, i can give more info on that to whom ever why im searching, im in Indiana, does anyone know of a sanctuary in Indiana can provide a number or email or info where a location would be,

hi,i just joined this is a strange request im searching for a loving caring safe haven sanctuary in Indiana that is licenses, i can give more info on that to whom ever why im searching, im in Indiana, does anyone know of a sanctuary in Indiana can provide a number or email or info where a location would be, im not getting any response.... where do i go to delete this post, ill put my ad on Craigslist asking for this

Back
Top Bottom