Please Respond ASAP !

lydiagirl99

Songster
5 Years
May 31, 2016
Michigan (By The Thumb)
So I just tried hatching 9 eggs. 3 of them hatched 2 days ago and all of the others died except this last one. I put her in 2 days later than the rest of them so I knew she'd hatch later. Now, she internally pipped yesterday afternoon and externally pipped about 6 hours ago but has not made much progress at all. I think I can see some of the membrane and it almost looks dry even though the humidity is at 70%. What should I do ? Try and help, or give her more time ? I'm fine with either, I just have to know.

It can take them an additional 24 hours after external pip to actually zip... As long as the pip is small I would not worry so much about it drying out at 70% humidity, it's when they have big pips that causes more issues...

If you are concerned you can take a paper towel moisten in with warm water and place it next to the egg with a small portion of the wet paper towel touching the membrane, the membrane will then wick water out of the paper towel and stay moist...

Last edited:
Ok, then she should be fine. If she takes to long try to help her zip the shell, then place her back in and let her come out on her own. Don't take her out to many times. I hope this helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom