Please say a payer for my step bother ...cancer

fowler_chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
South Western Kansas
i lost my mother to cancer almost 3 years ago....my father greeved a year and then fell in love again.....it just wasn't with any one... but with his university sweet heart from over 50+ years ago......my step mother is the most wonderful person you can meet ( i did not get along with my mother at all) my father brought 4 grown children in to this marriage and she brought 3 grown children ( she lost one to a drunk driver), over the week end ,my step brother Ted found out that he has bone cancer, we're are hopeing and praying that it it not as far as advance as the doctor has said it is....i'm the only one so far on my dad said of the mariage who has offord to be tested for a bone marrow match if needed...PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR HIM

Praying right now.
hugs.gif

Praying for the best and right outcome. If it comes to a marrow donation, I hope his siblings will step up to be tested, I can't say how important that is. I'm on the national marrow donor registry and I push for everyone I know to get on it.

Quote:
I worked in a blood center that also supported the National Marrow Donor program. Here is their site - http://www.marrow.org/
My
center would hold free screenings several times a year. I believe they draw blood and have you fill out a medical questionaire. It used to be $25 do get on the registry (to help defray costs of the blood tests.) Sometimes that is waived. Try contacting a blood center near you, they should be able to help.

So sorry.
hugs.gif
sad.png

So how do they test you again? with blood cells? not the actual marrow? I would do this also.

Quote:
It's so easy. It's just a cheek swab with a giant Q-tip. It takes about 10 minutes to do the swab and the paperwork. I am also in the registry.

Back
Top Bottom