Please sex my 8 month old silkie

I have a hen with streamers. I think you have a girl there.
I wouldn't necessarily call those streamers. While they do stand out against her crest, they don't really hang off the back/look longer than her crest like the streamers in the OPs last picture. OP, can you pull its crest back and give us a good shot of the comb?

Here is the comb shot. It's about the size of my known female silkies comb.

Last edited:
Gosh, I really don't know! Its colored like a pullet, has a very feminine looking comb, but its got some major streamers! Guess its a little gender confused. I'm bowing out on this one, no idea. I do hope you'll let us know what it turns out to be though!

And I'll *sprinkle a little pullet dust around* for good measure.

:oops:

Gosh, I really don't know! Its colored like a pullet, has a very feminine looking comb, but its got some major streamers! Guess its a little gender confused. I'm bowing out on this one, no idea. I do hope you'll let us know what it turns out to be though!

And I'll *sprinkle a little pullet dust around* for good measure.

:oops:

Lol Thank you! I am with you...this little one is tricky, especially for a hatchery Silkie. I will for sure let you know. Thanks for your help.

Update: This little one is 9 months old and still no crowing or laying. Interestingly enough I felt the distance between his/her pelvic bones and the bones are about the same distance apart as my Silkie hen that is already laying (this is all done externally BTW). It has no interest in mating the hens and still no Spurs.

Update: This little one is 9 months old and still no crowing or laying. Interestingly enough I felt the distance between his/her pelvic bones and the bones are about the same distance apart as my Silkie hen that is already laying (this is all done externally BTW). It has no interest in mating the hens and still no Spurs.
So what did he/she turn out being?

SnowFlake, our Silkie pullet isn't laying yet either. Sometime Silkies don't start laying after 1-2 years. SnowFlake has a few streamer like feathers on the back of her crest also.
0906181353.jpg
0906181353a.jpg

IMG_1042.jpeg

What matters is that the “streamers” are in a neat crown, Roos streamers kinda are by themselves sticking out. The paint is one of my 8 month old girls.
The black is my Roo!

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    854 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    949.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom