please show pics of your incubator set-up, homemade, or store bought

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quintinp, Mar 2, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    please show me some pictures, i love seeing some smart people that use their ingenuity to make incubators

2. raimnel

raimnel Songster

see my egg-u-bator page. We made 3 more the last couple of weeks and now have all 4 running with 133 eggs in them! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. dwdoc

dwdoc Songster

Dec 13, 2010
    Seffner, Florida
    My "Bucs-Bator" can be seen on my BYC page.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Mine is also on my BYC page in the homemade incubator link, check it out for any idea's you can use.

AL

Here is an example of it.

[​IMG]

5. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I bought mine but I had to use my ingenuity to get 30 eggs in a bator that only is supposed to hold 24 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chknmomma

chknmomma In the Brooder

Jan 10, 2011
    WA
    Quote:I LOVE the Bucs-bator!!! Go Bucs!

7. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:mannn i love ur incubator, not saying that ur a man, unless u r but, thats coool

8. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Songster

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    here is mine [​IMG]

9. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    cool set-up i have two homemade incubators, one lg(like yours) and a rcom mini it is a pretty awesome little incubator

10. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Songster

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    This is one we finished tonight that we'll be using as a hatcher, though it could be used as an incubator if need be. It's made from a small wine fridge I found on Freecycle last year. The gaskets between the glass on the door have curved inward from heat (it was on my deck last summer), but in no way affect the way the door seals.

[​IMG]

This is the shelf we added to hold the heat sinks (2 small bowls of water) and bowl with sponge for humidity. We drilled a hole in the top and ran airline tubing through it, so that water can be added without having to open the door. The fan is in the back corner and blows across the bulb and the bowl of water, distributing the heat and humidity throughout.

[​IMG]

The light kicks off at 99 and back on at 97, but the wiggler is holding a constant 100, so we're all set! The wiggler will come out once we make sure no further adjustments are needed. I'll be adding wire to the bottom with a piece of rubber shelf liner over it as soon as I buy another roll (eggs aren't due to be moved until the 20th, so I'll have some before then).

[​IMG]

My birthday is coming in less than 2 weeks, so I ordered a Brinsea 20 ECO today. I'm currently using a forced-air LG, and have another that I've already got sold since the Brinsea is coming. I may hold on to one LG for awhile since the Brinsea only holds 24 eggs, and we all know that's not enough when you're in hatching mode! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: