Please stay home when sick

I agree that people should stay home..
But.. its not always that easy. Some peoples jobs will fire them if they call out.

I just wanted to add, when my son was 3 he had to spend 3 days in the hospital with a severe case of gastroenteritis and dehydration. I KNOW he got it from a shopping cart, it was the only place he was other than home for over a week. I always tell people, send someone else to the store when your sick or use lots of hand sanitizer. And like they are saying now, Ive done it for years, cough and sneeze into you elbow not your hand.

I went grocery shopping the other day and just up and left the store. It was horrible. It seemed like every person in the store was coughing. I couldnt stand it so I left. If I stayed I may have made a scene. I tend to speak my mind sometimes a little too much.
hmm.png

Quote:
I'm generally more sympathetic to people in a grocery store than I am at say, the bookstore or movie theater.

Sometimes, you have no choice but to go to the grocery (especially if it doubles as your pharmacy) when you are sick.

However, you should get in, get what you need, and get out. No browsing, especially over the produce.

mom'sfolly :

Our school decided this year not to do perfect attendence awards. They felt it was rewarding people for sending their kids to school sick. I've caught more bugs from people who have used their sick time playing and then come to work with the virus of the month. Stay the heck at home. If your work is that important, someone will find a way to get it done.

I think that is a good idea; we force our kids to compete for every single thing. . .and who cares when they are 22 and looking for a job that they had perfect attendance every day for 12 years . . . I just can't see that being on the resumes they require in this day and age.​

I think schools need to spray down the classrooms every day when everyone is gone. I think almost every parent would donate a can of Lysol (even if it is bad for us!!) or the DG brand for it to be sprayed every day. My son's teacher keeps the Clorox wet wipes and pays them herself and has the kids run them over their desks and chairs. I still think the air might be a good way to stop some of it too.

I am on day 12 of the flu and then bronchits (sp) . Each day a coworker has called to check on me. Today the doctor said I could go back in a few days. My coworks ask that I take the rest of the week off to make sure I come back healthy. We work in very close area to each other. They have taken turns covering for me. I feel very good knowing that they care about their own heath enough to ask me to wait a few more days. I know not everyone is this lucky.
piecemaker

Quote:
This is day 6 for me and there is no way possible to go back to work. I can't talk, I can't hear out of my left ear and it hurts from my temple to my jaw. I am already on antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom