Please Support the One and Only Thang

Spring is in the air...peaboys are ever more colorful and beautiful, showing off their wares...peagirls are beginning to keep an eye out for good nesting spots..the vibrant honking is getting more frequent, echoing through the oak trees, and across the wide open plains, and resonating, yes, even as far as the famed Great Pea Palace...where a special bird awaits the adulation of his fans...
Indeed, it must be time to Revive the Thang Love Party!

*edited to add:
My mistake, sorry, seems like it may be Spring in California only.
hide.gif

But that's no reason to delay the Thang Love Party!

Last edited:
Spring is in the air...peaboys are ever more colorful and beautiful, showing off their wares...peagirls are beginning to keep an eye out for good nesting spots..the vibrant honking is getting more frequent, echoing through the oak trees, and across the wide open plains, and resonating, yes, even as far as the famed Great Pea Palace...where a special bird awaits the adulation of his fans...
Indeed, it must be time to Revive the Thang Love Party!
Not where I live it ain't LMAO!
lau.gif
My males trains are only half grown in right now. Seems the males in warmer climates have long beautiful trains this time of year, but here in the cold it is a slow train growth. Mine are about 2.5 feet long and still have about 2 feet to go LOL Mine don't even make any noises yet either LOL All I hear is a rooster crow LOL

Last edited:
My wife has said all week that in the front pen a white male had been strutting his stuff but tonight I caught him off guard and witnessed this phenomenon for myself. I will try to snap a few pics this weekend but as bat-rap crazy as he is it may not be possible to catch him offguard unless his backs to me.The group he is with can see everything in the front yard including the front of the house so when the house door opens it's a group "on alert" call that goes out.I was about 50' away when I caught a glimpse of white opened up.Gorgeous?

From Early Modern English gorgious, gorgeouse, from Middle French gorgias ("elegant, fashionable"), from Old French gourgias, gorgias ("gorgeous, gaudy, flaunting, gallant, fine"), of uncertain formation, but apparently connected with Old French gorgias ("a gorget, ruffle for the neck"), from Old French gorge ("bosom, throat"); see gorge. Sense evolution was probably that of "swelling of the throat or bosom due to pride, bridling up" to "assume an air of importance, flaunting".

You will see under the "Old French" meaning of Gorgeous,"gaudy" is referenced as a definition of Gorgeous as well.

Last edited:
From the Oxford English Dictionary:
gorgeous, adj.
1. Adorned with rich or brilliant colours; sumptuously gay or splendid; showy, magnificent
(Which, of course, = Thang)

Back
Top Bottom