Please tell me I'm wrong...

BirdNut

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 13, 2010
Suprise, Arizona
...But I think I have yet another cockerel. Take a look, and tell me what you think. The bird in question is the lighter-colored one.

Comparison of back feathers. Notice how much more developed one is over the other? I've read and experienced that roos' feathers develop at a slower rate than hens.
67724_chicks_001.jpg

Comparison of tail feathers. Notice how the bird in question also has curled tail feathers.
67724_chicks_002.jpg

A picture of the comb. Unfortunately, s/he wouldn't allow me to take the picture face-on.
67724_chicks_003.jpg

This is the supposed boy's sister, just to show how developed the feathers around her neck are. I'm almost certain that this one is a girl.
67724_chicks_004.jpg

I've always been right with all of the cockerels that we've had in the past, but I'm really hoping I'm wrong this time.
fl.gif

Well- from my experience- males tend to show silver more often then girls. I don't see anything obviously roo in the pics though. Have you tried putting them side-by-side and comparing their legs?

Quote:
I have not tried that yet. I'll go and do that, and I'll tell you what I see.

Also... I just went out there and took a look at them, and noticed that they've grown just a tad since those pictures were taken. The supposed roo's tail feathers are even more curled since I took the pictures!
ep.gif

how old are they and what breed? I have some mixes that look like them but at 4 weeks you could tell Bradley was a he cause his comb was big and very pink Bradley is in the front
62756_100_9493.jpg

I'll answer each of your questions one by one; Jossane, I forgot to mention that his comb is bigger than the other one, and has pink-ish coloration while his sister does not. Sheila, they are both Easter Eggers. HappyMtn, I couldn't get a picture of their legs side-by-side. They don't want to sit still.

I am now certain I have yet ANOTHER rooster.
barnie.gif

Thank you for your help, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom