Please tell me she's a Brown Leghorn UPDATED new pics POST 1

Her coloring looks a little different than my brown leghorn babies have been. Their eye stripes have been very distinct, and your baby's eye stripes don't look quite the same as mine have. But she could be... I'll post a pic of one of my brown leghorn babies for you to compare. Is she rose combed or single combed?

This is 12 days old:
P7250070.jpg

And this is 2 days old:
brownleghorn.jpg

Wow joss - she is really pretty! Mine has a tiny little single-line comb, and she does resemble your pullet. I hope that whatever she is, she lays lots of eggs!

She does look like my Welsummer chicks, which are very similar looking to speckled sussex chicks and apparently brown leghorns.

Here's my Welsummers at I think 3 weeks
Welsummers.jpg

And the speckled sussex at the same age
SpeckledSusses.jpg

Note the difference in leg color. The Welsummers have yellow legs, the SS are more of a pink and lighten up even more as they age

Whichever, she's a cute little thing
love.gif

I was REALLY hoping she was speckled sussex - even though I was willing her legs to be white, I think they're yellow.

Wow - not much difference between the feather coloring of the brown leghorn, speckled sussex and welsummer chicks according to the photos posted on this thread!

She looks more dark brown than my brown leghorns have been, so I'm guessing welsummer, based on pictures I've seen. I'm getting my first welsummer chicks on Tuesday or Wednesday, so I don't have experience with them. I hope that's what you've got. I'm looking forward to the dark brown eggs!

I am having a horrible time trying to figure out which is what. All my brown pullets look identical. Now I'm seeing a new name for what a few of my chickens appear to be. So what I first thought was [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a brown leghorn is actually a Welsummer, and what I thought was a SUSSEX could now be a brown leghorn. Awesome.. and I can tell the difference between these birds only by the color of their feet? Sussex are white, Leghorn and Welsummers are yellow. Welsummer's don't have the stripes like Sussex and Leghorns. I'm trying to be professional, but every time I think I know what i'm talking about... I learn something new! O.O[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom