PLEASE tell me these arent saddle feathers!!!!

MESOFRUFFEH

Songster
5 Years
Sep 15, 2015
East Texas

We are overrun with roosters, and a few weeks ago, something tore into my pen of pullets and ate them ALL so I am REALLY hoping this guy is not a roo. We will have almost as many roos and hens then, and I am struggling to decide who will be dinner. I love them all lol.

Can anyone please either confirm or ease my fears that this black and white guy has saddle feathers? Also, can anyone tell me what breed? I have thought exchequer leghorn, but his/her skin color was not right. I made a post about this guy when he was younger and updated it with new pics a few times, but I really never got a concrete answer. He/she is almost 4 months old now if that helps any, I got him/her on 9/25/15.

Any help would be appreciated. Hoping and praying those are not going to be saddle feathers. I think I am too paranoid!
hmm.png

Guys I am so nervous haha. This is the most mysterious chicken I've ever had! I guess I will update this thread in a few more weeks.... Im hoping and praying, crossing fingers toes and eyes that it's a pullet!

Ok well, this guy turned out to be a rooster
hit.gif
. His name is Big Bird. He is HUGE. These pics don't do him justice. Now that I know he is a roo, can anyone help me identify a breed yet? He is so awkward and large and lanky. What the heck is he?!
hu.gif
(he is the black and white one btw)

He has no butt

Back
Top Bottom