Please tell me this is a Buff Orpington hen!

Here's a recording, finally. She won't do it if I'm there.

I've had to put the mp3 audio file in a zip file otherwise I can't attach it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• chickens.zip
    238 KB · Views: 15
Here's a recording, finally. She won't do it if I'm there.

I've had to put the mp3 audio file in a zip file otherwise I can't attach it.

Thanks!
That’s definitely a crow.. but I still think it’s a female. Not sure a crowing female is any help with the neighbors, but something about the crow itself sounds like an imitation to me.

Thanks everyone.

Chanticleer - No roosters for the last 2 months. I'm just hoping it's some sort of imitation crowing.

How old is your Polish pullet?

Thanks everyone.

Chanticleer - No roosters for the last 2 months. I'm just hoping it's some sort of imitation crowing.

How old is your Polish pullet?
About 9 months now. As soon as we got rid of our roosters she started crowing. She lays still not very often, she lays and she crows and it sounds like the crowing in the clip. So it’s possible because you don’t have any roos this one has taken up the job as top hen/“roo”. You can see mine crowing in this thread just scroll all the way down if you go look.

Edited to add thread.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-crowing-polish-pullet.1594700/

She’s pretty and DEFINITELY a pullet I have a rooster of her breed born 2 days before her who looks way did. And buffs are orange so that’s a lavender. Bottom one my buff orp top my lavender orp
6875CBAC-F24D-4673-99EB-3D95E57B86BA.jpeg
10B13F27-E277-4E3D-BBCD-E3400BFD88DE.jpeg

She is a pullet, definitely not a male at all. Females are able to crow, albeit their crowing is much more squeaky and weak-sounding. Hens and pullets may start crowing when here is no males around, for they wish to establish dominance in the place of one. Hens who crow may begin mounting others.

And, one more thing: that is not a Buff Orpington, but a Lavender Orpington. Buff is a bright golden color, and Lavender is the color you see on your bird. Two very different colors.

About 9 months now. As soon as we got rid of our roosters she started crowing. She lays still not very often, she lays and she crows and it sounds like the crowing in the clip. So it’s possible because you don’t have any roos this one has taken up the job as top hen/“roo”. You can see mine crowing in this thread just scroll all the way down if you go look.

Edited to add thread.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-crowing-polish-pullet.1594700/
Meep is adorable.

Back
Top Bottom