Please tell me this isnt a Roo~12wks

This is the same bird, s/he is almost 18 weeks old. Wouldn’t the comb be way more red and bigger by now?
I would think yes it would at 18 weeks. Saddles are hard to see on lavenders. Buy I really am leaning pullet on this one. Also if male there would be crowing starting up. Is this one crowing or trying to crow?

I would think yes it would at 18 weeks. Saddles are hard to see on lavenders. Buy I really am leaning pullet on this one. Also if male there would be crowing starting up. Is this one crowing or trying to crow?
No crowing! They’re also pretty small in comparison to my other birds the same age. Sighhh. I guess I’m not 95% sure anymore haha. Thanks!! I’ll update when they get a bit older :)

This is the same bird, s/he is almost 18 weeks old. Wouldn’t the comb be way more red and bigger by now?
I rescind my statement. She does look to be a pullet here! Sorry for stressing you out!! These lavender birds throw me for a loop. With solid varieties looking for saddle feathers is a great strategy especially with tricky pea combs but when they're shredded it's difficult. I will silently watch for updates until I know for sure because I need some more practice on these birds before saying my opinion! :D

I rescind my statement. She does look to be a pullet here! Sorry for stressing you out!! These lavender birds throw me for a loop. With solid varieties looking for saddle feathers is a great strategy especially with tricky pea combs but when they're shredded it's difficult. I will silently watch for updates until I know for sure because I need some more practice on these birds before saying my opinion! :D
I know, it is very hard to tell!! They are the best little birds in my flock and I already have two boys :( I was looking at their feathers super close and it's just a mess! There are some that look pointed but there are like invisible feathers that round out those...some are just super broken and wonky...their hackles look more rounded and thicker though, so I'm just crossing all my fingers and toes at this point. They are both rather dainty small birds with a LOT of personality and anytime they get scared they hide on me and make a huge ruckus haha. I went back to look at my lavender Orp at this age and he had very obvious narrow feathering on his back and neck...but every chicken is different, so I know I can't use that either ahhhh. I will definitely update, and hope the OP will too! So hard to learn on these birds :barnie:barnie:barnie

Back
Top Bottom