Pleased to be part of the club!!

Pics

KhalSancho

Songster
Dec 16, 2019
Wyberba, Australia
Hey all, my name is Christopher Sanchez. I’m an American living in QLD Australia with my Misses (our baby girl in her tummy), red cattle dog, and our new Ameraucana flock (sold as Auracanas but the rumpless aren’t available here so I can only assume that due to strict import laws this is as close as we get. So “true Araucanas by Australia’s standards, I suppose) of seven. They’re about 3 months from laying and we’re really excited! We’re also hopefully picking up a breeding pair of show quality copper marans (one black one blue) this week so later on down the road we can try for our own olive eggers!!

[1]. Neither of us are new to chickens, she grew up with them and I had a flock of 14 about 6/7 years ago.. but we recently got our own place and had the freedom to get what breed(s) we wanted specifically, their colours, etc.

[2]. We currently have 7 chickens: one blue cockerel, one blue pullet, three lavender pullets and two black pullets.

[3]. Ameraucanas are the only breed we have currently but are looking to add Blue and Black Copper Marans to our flock soon!

[4]. Our favourite part about having our own flock is everything that come with the word. They are our responsibility, our choice, our labour and our reward. It’s great to watch their personalities and pecking order develop, and they are just entertaining little characters.

[5] Other hobbies we have are painting, playing music, staying fit and active, camping and travelling and we are in the process of starting our own garden!

Bonus: We found BYC due to my involuntary NEED to get ALL the information possible about anything we involve ourselves in lol thanks for accepting us into the group and we can’t wait to do more homework!!

Christopher, are the wildfires still going there? Hopefully they are nowhere near you.. Welcome home to BYC and keep us posted...
Hey, Ted! Unfortunately they are still going and we are in south east Queensland so we’re right in the mix.. but, we keep our hopes high and our fingers crossed! Thanks for the concern, my friend, as well as the warm welcome! So glad to be a part of the community.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Christopher, thank you for joining the flock. I know the blue cattle dogs are the prefured color but, I like the red heelers best.
Thank you, thank you! So glad to be here! Funny story, my first dog was a blue Queensland, always thought I preferred them, and in most cases I do.. but my gal, Stellar.. she is something else, best dog I ever had!

Back
Top Bottom