PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

Pics
Poor baby...
hugs.gif
I hope she gets better soon.

Guess what today is guys??? It has been three weeks today since Fuzzy Bum's accident. And she has been improving
smile.png
Here are some more pictures of Fuzzy Bum. I take these pictures when she is most alert, in the morning. If I don't feed her her scrambled eggs fast enough in the morning she gets SO loud :p she wakes up everyone in the house. she can be impatient, haha, but I love her so much. The other day, I was giving her some v8 juice with a syringe, and some of it must have got on her beak. Because one of the other chickens bit her lower beak. Fuzzy Bum lost a lot of blood from her beak, but it clotted. Actually, I was wondering if it was God who intervened, helping Fuzzy Bum's lower beak more even with her top. So now I think it will be easier for her to eventually learn to eat on her own, which she still can't. We have ordered the chicken nipples online, but they still haven't come in. Thanks again everyone for your help! Me and fuzzy bum wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for all of you amazing people. Fuzzy bums favorite foods are bread and scrambled egg. I wonder if I can convince my mom into buying sardines for her. Fuzzy bum is spoiled, but deserves to be after all she has been through. I will try to give her some creamed corn. We are even praying for fuzzy bum at my church
smile.png
@gander007 Thank you for the picture of your beautiful girl. It does give me hope
smile.png
The picture where fuzzy bums beak is open is because she had a yawn
smile.png

It is great to know Fuzzy Bums is doing a lot better with her recovery and just keep her spoiled
thumbsup.gif

She really is looking so much better! You said another chicken had nipped at her- does that mean she's getting to spend some time outside with the others? I remember your post about how attracted she was to chicken pictures, just curious if she's spending some time with other girls.

How is the eating going?

@deacons Yes, during the day, she gets to spend her time with her friends. There are 4 girls that she gets along with. Fuzzy Bum is much happier around them, and it keeps her more awake during the day. The only reason I allow them to be in the same chicken house as her is because Fuzzy Bum is dominant over them, she is top of the pecking order with those girls. If one of them pecks at Fuzzy Bum, Fuzzy Bum will show them who's boss. Even though Fuzzy Bum can't actually hurt them without a beak, she still chest bumps them :p the eating is going okay. She's been pretty good with the tube feeding. She still puts up a fight, but what can I expect with a fighter like her :p

We are so happy to hear and see how much Fuzzy Bum has improved!!! You have worked so hard and with so much devotion to save her, bless you!!!!!

Fuzzy Bum is usually now awake before me in the morning. She still gets very impatient when she is waiting for her scrambled eggs in the morning :p Once I'm done cooking the eggs, I put them in the snow outside so that they can cool off. I then sat at the top of the stairs. Fuzzy Bum saw me sitting up there by myself. Instead of hopping one stair at a time, she decided to fly and go two steps at a time. She then reached me at the top of the stairs and flew up on my lap and started talking to me. (Please note that before this accident happened, Fuzzy Bum was NOT tame at all, and wouldn't let anyone get even close to her.) I then got the eggs from outside and hand fed them to her. :) She looks forward to every morning. Then I put her in the chicken house with her friends. Fuzzy Bum is much more alert now, and doesn't sleep as much as she used to. I believe she is gaining weight. I asked my dad to pick up some sardines, which he did without any questions. He bought a whole bunch of them and when he got home, he said "Now we have sardines to eat!" I said "No Dad, those are for Fuzzy Bum!" We came to the conclusion that some are for Fuzzy Bum, and some are for him. I fed Fuzzy Bum a package of sardines and she loves them! She makes gobbling sounds when I feed them to her. :) The tube feeding is going good. Fuzzy Bum is starting to cooperate better now. I was looking at some old pictures of Fuzzy Bum when the accident first happened, I would just like to say that she is a living miracle!!! Thanks to God, and all of you guys!!! <3

Fuzzy Bum before the accident

Fuzzy Bum right after the accident

Fuzzy Bum Now :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom