PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tmlpike, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Very good information, thank you for sharing your experience!!
  2. tatertot

tatertot Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2013
    Yeah she sure does look better
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Tubing saved her life! You and your parents have done a great job with her and I'm sure you'll get through this.

1 person likes this.
  4. nab58

nab58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Do you think she could eat cubed watermelon? That would get fluids in her.

You're doing a great job....she's so lucky to have you!
    1 person likes this.
  5. tmlpike

tmlpike Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    Update: Fuzzy Bum seems to be much more lively. She looks forward to every morning when I hand feed her 2 scrambled eggs. She still won't drink water. I put some v8 juice on her tounge and she seemed to like it, but wouldn't drink it by herself. Thank you all so much for the food and drink ideas. I asked my mom to pick up some food from the grocery store. She was a bit disappointed when she found out after she bought it, that it was for Fuzzy Bum. Oh well, haha, Fuzzy Bum deserves the best, even if it's eating human food :p we are still tube feeding her every night, but I don't know how much longer we can continue to do it for. Fuzzy bum will not keep her beak open like she used to. @pwand thank you so much for sending the link. We ordered the poultry nipples, however it said that it could take as long as March to arrive :( thank you all so so so much for being with us every step of the way. It helps so much! God bless! Love: Heidi and Fuzzy Bum [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chickie Momma and deacons like this.
  6. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    Great job on saving her!!! She looks so much better. For water you can also try using a small animal water bottle,like you would use for a guinea pig.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  7. leetfreq925

leetfreq925 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Ipswich, MA
    awwww! she looks so great! what a sweetheart on your lap :) i can't stand it. keep it up and keep trying things - you never know what works for her. she definitely looks better and i hope it's getting a little easier for you all. i'm sure this has been such a stress, but you both have pulled out of it and learned a lot. i think you've made a new best friend for life.... it sounds funny, but chickens can be quite affectionate and certainly are not shy about showing their appreciation - at least when it comes to food!
  8. OScarlet

OScarlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2013
    if she really wants corn what about some polenta that you could water down and mix other stuff into?
  9. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

She is looking good thanks for the photo's now we all can
    appreciate the hard work you are putting in to her [​IMG]
  10. bittychicks

bittychicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2014
    North Carolina
    That is awesome! She looks so good. Keep up the hard work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by