PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

Pics
What a wonderful job you have done with Fuzzy Bum. ! You are however going to have to find someone willing to take care of her while you are on vacation. F.B. may have to go stay with them if necessary. Rooster Booster or other good all around vitiman suggested in her water. Her imune system is compromised since she can not eat right. Leaves her susceptable to other health issues. Hummm? I still keep thinking about a 'glue on' ~ 'reconstructed' beak. At least on the bottom. Beak is SO close to nostral on top. I THINK YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR STORY ON YOU TUBE ! TOWARD THE END MENTION YOU WISH SOME ONE COULD CONSTRUCT HER A NEW BEAK. ? ? Heck ~ worth a try. Good luck !
smile.png

What a wonderful job you have done with Fuzzy Bum. ! You are however going to have to find someone willing to take care of her while you are on vacation. F.B. may have to go stay with them if necessary. Rooster Booster or other good all around vitiman suggested in her water. Her imune system is compromised since she can not eat right. Leaves her susceptable to other health issues. Hummm? I still keep thinking about a 'glue on' ~ 'reconstructed' beak. At least on the bottom. Beak is SO close to nostral on top. I THINK YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR STORY ON YOU TUBE ! TOWARD THE END MENTION YOU WISH SOME ONE COULD CONSTRUCT HER A NEW BEAK. ? ? Heck ~ worth a try. Good luck !
smile.png
the beak may grow back.... may take a couple years but, it may grow back. :)

As much as I would LOVE to see Fuzzy Bum's beak grow back I am very very doubtful this will happen. If you look closely at the latest pictures you will notice the end of the beak is 'rounded'. This were it has sealed itself off and will prevent further growth. ?? I am fairly sure but ~~~ there are miracles. I just feel so sorry for her (and her owner) as both have been real 'troopers' thru this whole ordeal. Darn ! If there was just some way to 'make' her a new beak. Hey ! What about artificial finger nails and super glue ? This would require some very delicate trimming and molding to make the nails into a beak but maybe it would work. Also Fuzzy would have to be sedated until the procedure was complete and 'set'. I just know some where, some how, there is a surgen with the proper equipment and skills that could help. And I bet if this story went 'viral' on You Tube there is a chance of that happening.
I am really concerned with Fuzzy getting enough proper nutrition to keep her from getting a secondary infection or illness. Well I guess we Fuzzy Bum followers will just have to keep hoping and praying. Who would have ever thought one little chicken, and one devoted young lady could create such an interest and following. Gotta run ~ Good luck Fuzzy ~ we all love you.

I too would love to see her beak grow back. And absolutely I'd LOVE to be proven wrong in a few months!
I am not a vet, but I have studied avian biology quite a bit and.. well, honestly, I fear that the damage was too high up on the beak for it to grow back. The cell clusters that are responsible for generation of the beak tissue/horn are damaged or even gone. I genuinely doubt she will ever grow it back. But, again, I hope I am wrong.

Good going, though, Fuzzy Bum! She looks great, given her injury!

She is looking so lovely :) great job!! She will eventually figure out how to eat and drink. Did you get the poultry nipples in the mail? It took a month for mine to arrive, just a couple of days past the expected day of arrival.

Well done!!! You are a great owner, you and fuzzy bum went through this and you've come out! Thank you for helping fuzzy bum, she's a beautiful hen and she's obviously very strong. Keep on caring for her
D.gif

P.S. that actually looks like Fuzzy bum^

P.P.S please don't change her name!!!!!! I think it's awesome!!!!!! As much as she probably doesn't have a very fuzzy bum right now:p

Thank you all so much! So, I took your advice and I made a youtube video for Fuzzy Bum. It took me a while to put it together, so hopefully I can post it in a few days.

Here's the link guys!!! The Youtube video of Fuzzy Bum's Story. Hope you enjoy the video! And please share it with everyone you know. Fuzzy Bum and myself would appreciate it soooo much! Thank you, and God bless. Let me know what you think of the video! It took a long time to make.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom