Pls Help...first time hatcher!!!!!

Orly29

Chirping
14 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Came home from work today to see two baby chicks running around in the incubator, but one appears to have a very small portion of the egg yolk visible under it's belly. Is this normal? Baby chick dried off...what do I do? Any help is appreciated!!

we get a little bit of that sometimes. i think its okayy as long as he is still runnin around. should be fine

Thanks for your input...this is my first hatch ever. Eggs weren't due to hatch untill tomorrow, but looks like I got some early birds. LOL. I feel like I can breathe now!

Congrats on the new chicks.
jumpy.gif
It happens sometimes, just be sure and don't mess with it or anything. I often get hatches on day 20 to. We need pics when your hatch is done.

I'm not sure how many will actually hatch...I heard a picked a breed that's hard to hatch. I'm hatching bantam araucanas and a few of my OEGBs. I will def post pics when it's all said and done.

Thanks again everyone for the words of encouragement!

what breed or breeds do you have??? i just love newborn chicks. can you post some pics sometime???
big_smile.png
oh and good luck on the hatch. i hope you get great results.
wink.png

I have some buff, black, white and mixed colors of bantam ameraucanas and mille fleur, blacked tailed red, buff, mottled, and spangled OEGB along w white turken bantams.

Oh yeah, also have some bantam BBred, silver/golden duckwing, and white rumpless/tufted araucana bantams.

Back
Top Bottom