Pls Help...first time hatcher!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Orly29, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Orly29

Orly29 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Came home from work today to see two baby chicks running around in the incubator, but one appears to have a very small portion of the egg yolk visible under it's belly. Is this normal? Baby chick dried off...what do I do? Any help is appreciated!!

2. sebright guy

sebright guy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    we get a little bit of that sometimes. i think its okayy as long as he is still runnin around. should be fine

3. Orly29

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks for your input...this is my first hatch ever. Eggs weren't due to hatch untill tomorrow, but looks like I got some early birds. LOL. I feel like I can breathe now!

4. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Congrats on the new chicks. [​IMG] It happens sometimes, just be sure and don't mess with it or anything. I often get hatches on day 20 to. We need pics when your hatch is done.

5. Orly29

Apr 2, 2009
    I'm not sure how many will actually hatch...I heard a picked a breed that's hard to hatch. I'm hatching bantam araucanas and a few of my OEGBs. I will def post pics when it's all said and done.

Thanks again everyone for the words of encouragement!

6. lilarabookworm

lilarabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    what breed or breeds do you have??? i just love newborn chicks. can you post some pics sometime??? [​IMG] oh and good luck on the hatch. i hope you get great results. [​IMG]

7. Orly29

Apr 2, 2009
    I have some buff, black, white and mixed colors of bantam ameraucanas and mille fleur, blacked tailed red, buff, mottled, and spangled OEGB along w white turken bantams.

8. Orly29

Apr 2, 2009
    Oh yeah, also have some bantam BBred, silver/golden duckwing, and white rumpless/tufted araucana bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by