Plucking feathers out because stress?

Can I switch all feed to the All Flock Raiser or better if we mix into the current feed now?
Any time you change the feed do it slowly over a period of at least 7-10 days just adding a bit more of the new feed to the usual each day until it is 50% from each. And observe how they do with the new mix.

By doing so you will be able to adjust the feed to their actual needs by just switching the percentages of each feed a bit up or down.

Any time you change the feed do it slowly over a period of at least 7-10 days just adding a bit more of the new feed to the usual each day until it is 50% from each. And observe how they do with the new mix.

By doing so you will be able to adjust the feed to their actual needs by just switching the percentages of each feed a bit up or down.
Thank you so much for your advice! I have two more questions if you don't mind. :)
1) Should I add mealworms/ shirmps treat for them?
2) We have temporary separation from bully hen inside the run. Should we continue while mixing in new feed or new feeds might change her not pecking other two hens?
Thanks!

And if you want to completely switch to the All Flock Raiser (20% crude protein) like @aart does with her flock successfully, you might just feed them some raw carrots and other vegetables and fruit as treats so their kidneys will not be compromised by the higher protein percentage.

And if you want to completely switch to the All Flock Raiser (20% crude protein) like @aart does with her flock successfully, you might just feed them some raw carrots and other vegetables and fruit as treats so their kidneys will not be compromised by the higher protein percentage.
One thing I did notice is she really likes grass. Is that a sign she is lacking certain nutrients?

Thank you so much for your advice! I have two more questions if you don't mind. :)
1) Should I add mealworms/ shirmps treat for them?
2) We have temporary separation from bully hen inside the run. Should we continue while mixing in new feed or new feeds might change her not pecking other two hens?
Thanks!
1) Switching the feed to All Flock Raiser I would abstain from feeding mealworms or shrimps etc.

2) I would keep the bully separated and feed her the new mix plus butter for at least a week before trying to release her again. These feed changes need some time to take effect on her.

But I would give her free range time separately, so she will not be able to pluck the others while waiting for the feed changes to take effect.

I feed the higher protein to balance out the scratch grains I give daily...work out to about 18%.
But I seriously doubt 20% will trash their kidneys.

1) Switching the feed to All Flock Raiser I would abstain from feeding mealworms or shrimps etc.

2) I would keep the bully separated and feed her the new mix plus butter for at least a week before trying to release her again. These feed changes need some time to take effect on her.
What kind of butter? Where I can get it? Can you please provide link?
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom