Plymoth barred rock... boy or girl?

ChasesChickens

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2020
Sydney
Hi everyone, my Plymoth is now 20/21 weeks .. And showing real signs of a rooster tail but not got any sickle or tackle feathers. She's a bit feisty, bit not at all aggressive with the others. Obviously not crowing. Has anyone had experience in having one look like this one.. And your thoughts on it's sex? I'm.hibestly stumped.. And just been playing an anxious waiting game.
It's the largest bird on the flock which makes me even more confused. I've been looking through hatchery bought plymoth rocks I'm Australia and noticed some tail feathers of hens were a bit longer. But mine has sharp ends :(
20200218_123337.jpg
20200218_123338.jpg
20200218_123423.jpg
20200218_123435.jpg
20200218_123415.jpg
20200218_123441.jpg

Yes... she used to be really pretty and then shes now sort of.. weird looking. A halfie.
She looks close to lay, so if she lays an egg then she's normal, & may have a feather mutation, if she doesn't lay, & gets more roosterish, then she's a transgender. A female chicken with damaged ovaries is what I mean.

my Plymoth is now 20/21 weeks
At stated age I would say pullet, despite the wide barring on some feathers..
1581991724545.png

then she's a transgender. A female chicken with damaged ovaries is what I mean.
I get what you're saying, and think sharing information is great! It wasn't long ago when I didn't know that was possible. It wouldn't surprise me if it were somewhat offensive to transgender folks for us to refer to chickens that way??? :confused: I'm not sure though. :oops:

View attachment 2029116

I get what you're saying, and think sharing information is great! It wasn't long ago when I didn't know that was possible. It wouldn't surprise me if it were somewhat offensive to transgender folks for us to refer to chickens that way??? :confused: I'm not sure though. :oops:
I'm just not sure how to put it, exactly. But yeah, switching gender due to damaged ovaries in chickens.

View attachment 2029116

I was also thinking that and was weary about being offensive . I'm loving this chicken community so please call out if I'm inappropriate..

Back
Top Bottom