Plymouth Rock - Boys or Girls??!!

EccaChook

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 7, 2014
Hi all, would love your help to identify these little beauties as boys or girls (please let me know if better piccies would help). They all have dark legs (I chose them from a selection of others and tried to pick the ones with the darkest legs), and they seem to have wider black stripes on theirs wings (so maybe girls?) ...but now I'm confused because their head dots make me think they're all boys!! They are two weeks old tomorrow.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

I have 3 BR hens, worried forever that they may be roos, as I am sure you are doing. I read everything I could find and it seems the darker legs are the better sign. And obsessed over the head spots and early barring patterns.
Here's pic when mine were 3 weeks old.

All turned out to be girls, hope yours do.

Honestly I think you will need to just keep hoping and post pics as they get a little older.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

I have 3 BR hens, worried forever that they may be roos, as I am sure you are doing. I read everything I could find and it seems the darker legs are the better sign. And obsessed over the head spots and early barring patterns.
Here's pic when mine were 3 weeks old.

All turned out to be girls, hope yours do.

Honestly I think you will need to just keep hoping and post pics as they get a little older.
x2

Back
Top Bottom