Plymouth Rock Pictures

Here are my Plymouth Rocks. We have 3 Barred and 1 White. They are the sweetest birds of all that we have.

What's the difference between Plymouth and barred rocks? Pictures? I'm trying to figure out what 3 chickens I should get; that's all I'm allowed in this residential area of Sacramento, CA. I have had chickens before, but now don't have a lot of yard. And I want the friendliest, calmest girls.

What's the difference between Plymouth and barred rocks? Pictures? I'm trying to figure out what 3 chickens I should get; that's all I'm allowed in this residential area of Sacramento, CA. I have had chickens before, but now don't have a lot of yard. And I want the friendliest, calmest girls.
I know this is a little bit of an old post but I thought I would respond since the question was not answered:)

The breed is called Plymouth Rocks, the color variety is Barred hence Barred Plymouth Rocks or Barred Rocks. There are other color varieties of the Plymouth Rocks. The main difference with this breed is whether you get hatchery vs breeder stock, there is a very big difference in barring if they are barred, feather color and body type. The difference is actually quite amazing.

Thanks so much. Sure wish I could have a REAL flock, with a male so I could have chicks. I wonder if the hens would sit on fertile eggs I could buy.

Thanks so much. Sure wish I could have a REAL flock, with a male so I could have chicks. I wonder if the hens would sit on fertile eggs I could buy.

If your hens go broody they most certainly will sit on and hatch fertile eggs. What beed chickens do you have?

I don't have ANY now! I have had various banties, silkies, a few leghorns, and a pair of ...white with black bars. That was years ago. I want a few chickens - using the excuse that they will eat bugs and give eggs, but I just LIKE them!

Back
Top Bottom