Plymouth Rock thread!

Great pictures, Cyn! Rex and the girls are looking wonderful!
love.gif

Quote:
I have my rooster in my avatar and two hens, though neither is laying currently. I don't plan to breed Dels any longer, though. Honey, I can't take credit for these BRs at all, except for hatching and raising them in good health. They come from Marvin Stukel lines, a breeder out of Arizona and the eggs were sent to me by my friend William in south GA. He got Rex's sire directly from Marvin this year.

Oh, yes, I will keep my birds no matter what! That is non-negotiable with the move! They keep me sane.

Lookin' good, Cyn! Your stock always looks so happy & healthy! Yes, it takes an awesome breeder to work with...however, YOU raised them up & did a fantastic job!
thumbsup.gif

Hey All,
May be in the market for some new Barred Rocks this Spring. Who amongst you offers Hatching Eggs or could you help point me in the right direction.
Appreciate it!
Steve

I know you all have seen Jeremys Barred Rocks (descendants of Frank Reeses birds)? His have the best body type Ive seen. There are other Barred lines that come very very close and have excellent Barring etc. but upon careful examination their body type isn't quite as good by a hairline difference- Jeremys are unbeatable. I have some of his birds and have shown them and Judges tell me they are about the best around. But I do see others that come amazingly close and are very beautiful.

Actually, 30 years ago, Marvin Stukel got his birds from the same guy that Reece got his from, for a little history for you.
wink.png
You can see youtubes of his white and barred Rocks and Robert Blosl mentioned him in an article I found on the net as one of the go-to guys for BRs. There are so few really wonderful lines of Barreds these days, can't have too many!

Wow thats awesome to know. But there still is a small difference. I think it may be due to the fact that Mr. Reese culls big time for size since he raises poultry for consumption. But like you said they are probably the same bloodlines since they both are beautifully Barred. I called Good Shepherd last year and spoke to Danny and he stated that the most important thing they culled for was type and size. Their culling is very rigid and strict. Only a few make the grade he said. Thus the type and size difference might have evolved. Im sure with the same rigid culling the other birds raised by different folks could become equal after time. Just my observation. I am a hard core Barred Rock Hen.......LOL

This is the Plymouth Rock thread, though, not necessarily the Barred Rock breeder's thread, so I don't want us to get into any big serious breeder discussion of whose is better or anything along those lines. Everyone is having a great time showing off their Rocks of all colors, both hatchery and breeder stock. I enjoy my hatchery stock just as much as my Rex and his girls-the hatchery ones are what made me love them in the first place and there is nothing wrong with that, IMO.
wink.png

Let me start over, I prefer the Jeremy Barred Rocks line since they are the most sought after Rocks in that color. No other Barred Rocks come close in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love all Barred Rocks even the production ones. I'm a Barred Rock Hen LOL

Quote:
That is your personal opinion that the Jeremy BRs are the most sought after.

How about, rather than throwing lineage around, you just enjoy the plymouth rock chit chat and back off a bit?

Back
Top Bottom