Plymouth Rock thread!

Hi All
Here is the weights on my 9 week old Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks.
ID# 001 - male - 40 oz
ID# 002 - male - 30 oz
ID# 003 - male - 34 oz
ID# 004 - male - 31 oz
ID# 005 - male - 29 oz
ID# 006 - male - 29 oz
ID# 008 - female - 28 oz
ID# 009 - female - 31 oz
ID# 010 - female - 30 oz
ID# 011 - female - 25 oz
ID# 012 - female - 23 oz

ID# 007 - male - culled at 3 weeks of age for being very small & not active at all.
Too bad you lost the male. Mine was a little, angly guy, but very active. I guess if they aren't active they won't be healthy? I don't know...

Hi All
Here is the weights on my 9 week old Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks.
ID# 001 - male - 40 oz
ID# 002 - male - 30 oz
ID# 003 - male - 34 oz
ID# 004 - male - 31 oz
ID# 005 - male - 29 oz
ID# 006 - male - 29 oz
ID# 008 - female - 28 oz
ID# 009 - female - 31 oz
ID# 010 - female - 30 oz
ID# 011 - female - 25 oz
ID# 012 - female - 23 oz

ID# 007 - male - culled at 3 weeks of age for being very small & not active at all.
BE PATIENT, particularly with your cockerels. I can normally pick my keeper pullets by around 6 months, but my cockerels are 10+ months before I can make a final determination as to "stay" or "go". I have 1 cockerel right now (at 6 months old) that standing next to his sire is about the same size/stature, BUT, weighs less by almost 2.5 lbs. He is by far the largest of all my cockerels and will definitely stay unless he develops an odd DQ all of the sudden, but I fully expect some of his brothers/half-brothers to come close to the same size by 10-12 months old....several of them right now are just long and lean. Not certain about SPRs (perhaps Wynette can help with them specifically), but full tails on my males haven't finished until nearly 10 months of age

BE PATIENT, particularly with your cockerels.  I can normally pick my keeper pullets by around 6 months, but my cockerels are 10+ months before I can make a final determination as to "stay" or "go".  I have 1 cockerel right now (at 6 months old) that standing next to his sire is about the same size/stature, BUT, weighs less by almost 2.5 lbs.  He is by far the largest of all my cockerels and will definitely stay unless he develops an odd DQ all of the sudden, but I fully expect some of his brothers/half-brothers to come close to the same size by 10-12 months old....several of them right now are just long and lean.  Not certain about SPRs (perhaps Wynette can help with them specifically), but full tails on my males haven't finished until nearly 10 months of age

Hi Scott
Thank you for information and yes I would appreciate any advice Wynette has on breeding the Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks. I am very thankful to Joe Emenheiser for working me out a spreadsheet to help me out in the weight production of my chicks.

Plymouth Rock Experts, I need your help! I would love to add PR's to my flock but they're hard to find. I found someone selling a couple but I need help as I don't know what they should look like as young pullets. They are 12 weeks old. The first is being sold as a Partridge Rock. I'm concerned this is a roo but I don't know how fast they should be maturing. Anyway, is her plumage correct? She looks like she'd be a darker variety. The ones in back I'm told are Red Pencil Rocks? Anyone heard of those? They're supposed to be just a lighter red version of a Partridge. Does the plumage pattern fill in as they get older or since they're already feathered, is this what they'll look like as an adult?

Here's another picture of the lighter one. I love the partridge/pencil markings but I want them all over. Will she fill in with color or is that it?

the darker one is definitely a Partridge IDK what the other one is....I have a female partridge and a roo partridge....I'll post a pic for you. Mine are 4 months old next week!! Check the last post on here and I'll post the pics that I have so you can see them!

This is our 4 month old Partridge Plymouth Rock Rooster "Daddy". He can be a jerk most of the time!

This is our 4 month old hen Plymouth Parttridge Rock "Dorito" She's the smallest one we have!

OK I lost an extra SPPR cockerel do to cocci, it just blowed up suddenly in 2 pens due to water run off from excess rain, a gutter problem and a stopped up drain. He was an extra but still not cool at all. I hate wasting a chicken. If they are not breeders they are eaters. So we moved all they birds in the worst 2 pens to clean areas(no water) and this weekend I am going to work on the gutter once again on the back of the barn(need new gutter) but I will need to see if I can fix it probably not, I am pretty sure I need to replace it. Then try to unstop the drain. Also have several Australorps that Will be questionable if they make it and lost a SFH.

This is our 4 month old Partridge Plymouth Rock Rooster "Daddy". He can be a jerk most of the time!

This is our 4 month old hen Plymouth Parttridge Rock "Dorito" She's the smallest one we have!
I think Daddy is the most beautiful I've seen...Congrats! I had no idea there were so many different Plymouths. Thank you for sharing photos

Back
Top Bottom