Plymouth Rock thread!

I am looking for buff to hatch this year can anyone tell me who has the best lines. I will post this on the breeder page also. Thank you.

The lines I have stay baby like a good while. LOL. Some will feather in faster than others. The first ones I got from Matt1616 I didn't think would EVER get feathers. The roo I have now is from Matt1616 and the chicks he sires are feathering in faster than he did since they were crossed with my blue barreds.......but that was 3 generations ago at least.
My Silver Penciled Rocks did this also. I just think it is hilarious to see them looking half naked. I am so hoping to end up with a good trio or quad from you so I can replace my current breeders.

I am looking for buff to hatch this year can anyone tell me who has the best lines. I will post this on the breeder page also. Thank you.
Tom Roebuck, Golden Feather Farms. Although I've heard as a rule (I know of one or two exceptions) he doesn't sell eggs, but eggs are a bad way to start anyway. Get some good adult or juvenile birds from a good breeder like Mr. Roebuck and you'll be lots of time and money ahead. cbnovick on here has some nice ones from him (one of the few exceptions I've heard of about eggs) so they might be able to help you out too.

Last edited:
The lines I have stay baby like a good while.  LOL.  Some will feather in faster than others.  The first ones I got from Matt1616 I didn't think would EVER get feathers.  The roo I have now is from Matt1616 and the chicks he sires are feathering in faster than he did since they were crossed with my blue barreds.......but that was 3 generations ago at least. 

Our SPR's were so slow to feather in I called them ugly ducklings. The BR's that came with them had feathers quick and looked so beautiful.

my SPPR feathered in faster than my roo BR. not that they were fast but not SUPER slow either. maybe I am just used to slow feathering birds.

Looking for some barred rocks for my kids to start up in 4-h in the next few years with. Duckworths? Or scafer lines open to others as well. Who has them? I would like either to gamble with eggs or chicks. I would like December- February to get them grown decently for fall. Thanks a bunch.

MY white rock has lost a little weight since I have hadhim. I'm not sure if it is because the stress of being in a new place or what. But is there anything I can give him to help him gain a little weight? He isn't skinny by any means, but I would like him to fill out.

Back
Top Bottom