Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
Quote:
The one on the right is a cockerel, not a pullet, sorry.

Ditto what Cyn said, but then she taught me!

I only have blues left now, my barreds, Ponder and Tinker and my last two partridge hens - George and Rusty - I gave them their father's names, I gave to a young family trying to start their first flock and having tough times. The kids looked cute holding their first chickens. They have a Ponder son as their Roo, so it ought to go well, he's huge and sweet. So Cyn, Ponder and Tinker will start another whole family into having chickens, neat huh?

My Blues are from Halo, so I will probably hatch another batch of eggs from her looking for a Blue Rock Roo. Or I'll cave in and match them up with my Delaware Roo, and work on blue delawares... could be fun. Right now they're just running free gobbling up spring grass and bugs.

same question as above - is this little guy/gal a rooster or pullet? he's lighter than the other 3 girls, but his legs aren't pure yellow like they should be if he's a rooster. they have some of the greyish coloring on them. i'm guessing rooster but i'm very new to chickens.

50686_img_0051.jpg

I have Some Silver Penciled Rock bantams in the brooder 7 to be exact they should be stunning I am really excited about them.

just received 26 Barred Rock chicks, this afternoon. This is the breed we decided to start with for both eggs and meat. Roger & Rosie

i think i have to cockruls (sp?) these are Colombian

pullet?
24247_picture_038.jpg

24247_picture_041.jpg

cockrul 1.
24247_picture_042.jpg

24247_picture_043.jpg

cockrul 2. ( i hope these are of it)
24247_picture_044.jpg

24247_picture_045.jpg

i have not decide yet if i will use the rocks or astralrops for 4-H yet 50% 50% on both
hmm.png

ok so what i have been reading there are few to none coloubian's in the US? will there are at lest 3-4 breeders in Canada that have them. I love there colouring. I will diffently put pics up of my colombians as they grow. mine come from SQ lines , that lay very will to can't wait till next year
wee.gif

This is one of my 23 Barred Rocks...this ones name is Bruny, which is short for Brunhilda....yeah, its a long story lol. She is seperated from the rest of the flock due to a healing injury, so she is a little spoiled
smile.png
She really likes to "roost" on my foot. As soon as I sit down in the garage, she pops out of her brooder and waddles over to me. We lost the battle with keeping the top on the brooder. She was actually flying up and hitting her head on it until it would fall off. So now, we just keep it off, and she pops out of the brooder only when I'm in the garage and she hears my voice.

49717_bruny.jpg

43249_the_whole_group_006_4.jpg

43249_the_whole_group_005_3.jpg

Hi Waterville... Columbians are rarer in the states, we have a few breaders here you are correct. Though the lady who is selling me some trotters (weaner pigs and lambs) and welsummers in a few weeks seemed very interested in the possibility of my having a roo and hen Fayoumi!...

Here are mine born Feb 5th (about 8.5 weeks).. looking for confirmation (I have three BTW)

this is of all three.... two of them have less black on their wings and their combs are not quite as developed.. though I understand that they have nice combs even as hens.... I have no issues with a roo as these make reasonable meat birds (not that the 75 meaties I ordered won't be enough!)

Of course the nosy Fayoumi (roo we think) had to be in almost all the photos!
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom