Plymouth Rock thread!

I just have to thank SpeckledHen. She said Barred rocks were one of her favorite breeds. I was curious. Well last year my neighbor gave me a BR with a broken leg. She lived in a sling on my patio for 6 weeks. We just fell in love with her. Just so inquisitive and I think she liked us. Well, I decided to get another one. Actually 3 but long story. She is in my tub with 2 other chicks. Out of the 3 of them she is the one who wants to sit on my arm, peck my rings, and get closer. And when I get up to leave, she does some flights like "look at me!" And she doesn't really like it when the 2 other chicks come near me. But not mean, she just makes sure that she is the closest. I think I will get more in the future. And the name. My adult one is named Fern (yes I copied) and I need to name the chick Little Fern-I don't know why but it fits her, so I'll just have two Ferns!

Thanks, Cynthia!!!!

Figured I'd post a picture of our only Plymouth Rock this year. Here is Rosa, she's 26 weeks and laying daily now. Something is up with her comb and hoping it's not genetic as I really like her size and type. And there's not been a black rock picture in a while.

69907_rossie-side.jpg

A better look at the comb; splits before last lobe.

69907_rossie-front.jpg

That is the first black rock I have seen. They are very rare and hard to find. Someone a year ago so ago told me they had large version. I think only batnam are reconized.

Heres some pics of my crew today. I have them up in the breeding pen, so they arent real happy. They were free ranging over 10 acres all summer.

5004_blues4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom