Plymouth Rock thread!

Bree And HOD My Barred Rock's .. HOD Is The Reason My Fertilization Rate is Soo High .. All My Chicks recently are coming out looking like little BR's Hes A Busy Fella !

Last edited:
I have a 6 week old Barred Rock chick named Roxie and I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that she's probably a boy. What do you all think? She has the darker legs but look at that comb!
here she is as a baby:

And 1 1/2 weeks old:

And 3 weeks:

And 4 weeks:

And now, 6 weeks:

Is there any chance she's a girl?
I now think I may have a roo aswell. I will have to get a pic up here and have yall tell me .

Shoot. Roxie was my favorite :( Any advice for picking out another chick? Are there things to look for when they are that young (day olds)?

You can look for a round head spot to pick out the girls. See post 2504 above. That would be a girl on the left and a boy on the right. Girls usually have thinner legs with a greyish wash on the front. .......stan

CorrineP - The group picture is so cute! ChickenGarden - Wow, he is a striking looking little Roo -
wink.png
That's my vote.

Working on getting better lacing on my blues, among other things. I am finding that the older they get, the lighter the lacing gets, so you have to start with super heavy lacing to end up with anything when mature. This one has the heaviest lacing at that age that I have so far. I dont know how much she'll have when she's fully mature.

I just wanted to share some pictures I recently took of my Bantam Rocks.
I only have a trio, and sadly a few days ago I lost one of hens. Thankfully I have two of her pullets that I'm growing out, but it's a hard hit considering she was the better one of the two and was the better layer. Anyway, here are my birds and some chicks I'm growing out from them.

Back
Top Bottom