Plymouth Rock thread!

Your welcome.
I see you live in Mo
You might try someone like Kathy for some good birds.
big_smile.png

hu.gif
who is Kathy? how do I get in touch with her?
Thank you for the tip though
smile.png

Easiest route to choc rock would prolly be to grab a choc orp roo and have him cover bbs hens, and go for it. Be fixing type for a good long time, but there are good clean choc genes in orp here now.

And it would be a fun project. Me, I just loved my bbs rocks. They needed enough type work w/o adding orp lol. But wow great birds.

Thank you, i am always interested in learning more about chicken coloring genetics. I was thinking the same thing on the Orp. I don't have the time or resources to do that but the Plymouth Rock is such a great animal the colors are like Icing
love.gif

a few pics of my cockreils & pullets, let me know what you think.

1st blue rock cockreil

same bird
Blue rock pullet

Barred rock pullet

this part of my first flock. I really like the look so far of the blue rock cockreil , but will 2 roos be ok in the same pen with 6 hens.

Last edited:
Ben, they sure look great! That male of yours will take forever to fill out and it will drive you nuts!

By the way, true to the actual heritage breed these are, my Dottie is broody and on eggs. She's currently on Day 11 with her clutch. So, the Stukel lines obviously haven't had broodiness bred out of them like all the hatchery Rocks I've owned in the past. This is my first EVER broody Barred Rock hen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom