Plymouth Rock thread!

quick question when do white plymouth rocks start laying? got any tips on caring for the breed n getting them started laying thanks

It's typical of positive black feathers. Some have lower sheen than others, but every BR I own, including show stock, if the sun hits exactly right, has a bit of greenish sheen in the black barring, some have more, some have less, but it's there.

Last edited:
Thanks! Her green really stands out even when the sun isn't shining on her. I love it's really pretty, especially since I collect feathers that come off to make jewelery and hair accessories.
big_smile.png

Okay. Petrie has two big bumps on her legs (little spurs), now she's getting two smaller ones just slightly above. Here's a pic I drew in paint:

I tried to get one today of what you meant. You can see the spur forming, it looks like it has an almost white head on it.
Right above it is another small bump. Is this what you meant?
I hope this helps

Hennypen,
I don't know enough to help, but the pic of the Roo laying down is funny. Is that a Plymouth Rock thing? All of my Rock Roos lay down to eat, none of my Barnevelders, nor did any of the Barnie males do that last year either. But these Rock Boys, just settle in and peck away laying down, it is very cute!

Back
Top Bottom