Plz help me save my chicken!

Pics

BarkerT

Chirping
Apr 14, 2021
I heard my hen scream out and I ran outside and scared off whatever it was, I didn't get a look at it. The hen was laying on her eggs and when I looked at her she was standing up with her head hanging to ground. I put her in a cage with some hey, gave her reassurance and bought her inside my home. I cannot find any blood at all yet there are 2 vey small dark spots on the back of her neck and I'm not even positive if that's a bite. I have left her alone for awhile to let her feel safe and hopefully comforted. She can stand and move around the cage but is not holding her head up so I've been giving her water with pedialyte, half and half mixture, with a dropper. I'm not sure how much or often I should be doing this or how much and often I should try to feed. I feel as of right now she needs to drink. Her eyes are bright and she responds if startled which I try not to do. I don't think her neck is broke and I'm trying all I can to help her yet I don't want her to suffer. Can someone give me some advice? I surely appreciate it

1616944157163.png

no nails and yes I have tuna fish in oil. I wasn't so worried about eating as of yet I am concerned about her drinking. I'm not sure as to how much at a time for her to drink and how often. I also added the pedialyte to the water. Forgive me of my knowledge with this but does "brushing" mean bruising?

Back
Top Bottom