Charlienorris817

Hatching
May 9, 2020
I recently posted about a duck with niacin issues, those issues are slowly getting better due to the proper research and proper vitamins. Thankful for this page or else I would not have known what I needed. However, when my duck was at his worst, his foot had turned a purple color, he could not walk, and he was struggling to swim. Now that he is healing, he can walk better, purple is almost gone, swimming is improving yet he has developed some kind of pocket of fluid on the bottom of his foot. It’s puffy on top and you can tell something is up with the foot and when you look underneath it is a sizable pocket that seems to have a dark fluid inside. It has gotten bigger. We are currently soaking his foot in Epsom salts to see if we can reduce the size of the pocket. It’s a little warm to the touch. I do not think it’s infected as it is not festering or leaking. There is no open wound or noticeable abrasion. I am unsure if this thing needs to be drained or if I should let it take its course and continue to soak it along with giving him his vitamins for his niacin issues. If it pops on it’s own I am very worried of infection due to the fact that they are not the cleanest of creatures.

Back
Top Bottom