Pointers on sexing Polish Chicks! new pics!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by erijn5, Mar 20, 2009.

1. bimbals

bimbals In the Brooder

Yep now at 10 weeks and he is definately a Cockerel. Behaviour was there from the beginning and as luck would have it, was the only male!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. cv123

cv123 In the Brooder

May 16, 2013
    I have three chicks all look axis toy the same except one has a bigger crest... All 4 weeks old... Do I have one male? Or is that the female?

3. miksmity

miksmity Chirping

Apr 14, 2014
    Bonfield Il.
    Hen or roo[​IMG]

4. musicmommy

musicmommy In the Brooder

May 30, 2015
    I picked these guys up from someone who had no idea what they were and estimated their ages to be somewhere between 3 and 4 months, though not all the same. I'm fairly certain they're at least part Polish, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Any ideas on sex?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lnhackford

lnhackford Chirping

May 20, 2015
    Salt Lake City, utah

They look like white crested black polish to me. I have two of them. I could be wrong though, because I'm a newbie :)

And I am unsure of the sex part.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  6. musicmommy

musicmommy In the Brooder

May 30, 2015
    Thanks! Someone on another thread (bad form, I'm sorry. Will stick to just one in future) suggested they all look like pullets. I hope they're right-- I'll be a little heart broken if I have to rehome a roo.

7. lnhackford

lnhackford Chirping

May 20, 2015
    Salt Lake City, utah

I'm glad they said they look like pullets because they look just like mine haha so that's good news for both of us (hopefully) because i can't have roos and I would also be very sad to have to rehome. Ive become really attached to my chicks haha

8. dta-blitz

dta-blitz Hatching

Jun 19, 2015
    anyone tell me sex of these please thanks.

polish 2 week old
    [​IMG]

silkie 12 days old

[​IMG]

lemon frizzle 25 days old
    [​IMG]

lavender miniature 16 days old
    [​IMG]

9. lobsteroverlord

lobsteroverlord Hatching

Mar 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hi all, These two are 13 weeks, and I'm not sure if I'm at a point where they are the same, or I will still be able to have one each. I'm hoping for one each, but will be happy with two girls, as the hatchery I got them from only has a rooster and I could possibly do a loan/trade for breeding. Any help to say yeah or nay would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John M.

10. JACKO

JACKO In the Brooder

Mar 24, 2012
    Hi Jacko here, I have. Six black white crested polish in my incubator due to hatch on
    The 8/27/15 about two weeks time I will let you have pics then, one way of sexing these birds at that age is spread the wing feathers and see if it has two rows of main flight feathers if it has it's probably a cockerel, it worked for me in the past, let me know how you get on, cheers. Jacko

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: