Pointers on sexing Polish Chicks! new pics!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by erijn5, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ChickenMumma15

ChickenMumma15 Hatching

Jul 24, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi John to me the one in front looks male and the one at the back female Hard to tell from the pic though, have you had any luck working it out yet?

2. WhittHavenFarm

WhittHavenFarm In the Brooder

Oct 7, 2015
    Any guesses with these two Tolbunt Polish? The smaller white crested one is actually a little older. They are about 8 weeks and they look very different. Different tail set, different crest. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. WhittHavenFarm

WhittHavenFarm In the Brooder

Oct 7, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. khermes1

khermes1 In the Brooder

Feb 23, 2016
    Does anyone have an idea as to what color and what sex this little guy may be? I'm thinking he is about 5-6 weeks old. Thanks in advance![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Halloweengirl13

Halloweengirl13 Songster

Mar 11, 2013
    Valdosta Ga
    you probably know gender by now....but in this picture
    Looks like a red cockerel...

6. khermes1

khermes1 In the Brooder

Feb 23, 2016

Thank you! Yes I figured. This is him now. He's made a pretty boy.[​IMG] Some people think Pullet but until he lays an egg I'm going with boy. Lol[​IMG]

7. cochinfan05

cochinfan05 Songster

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    [​IMG]
    Anyone care to guess on my WCB Bantam Polish??? These 2 are always together. Sorry for the not so great pic but they are the most high strung birds I've ever owned!
    [​IMG]
    This one has the larger wattles, but they're not very red at this point. Thanks in advance[​IMG]

8. chrisnjenny

chrisnjenny Chirping

Jun 8, 2014
    oklahoma
    [​IMG]

9. geina

geina Songster

Feb 8, 2017
    Ohio
    Hatched my first polish today and it’s totally black. Yep from head to toe peak and all. Is this normal coloring? Moms black with white head and dads black and white(splash I believe). So question is will the head turn white like mama I’d hen? Has anyone seen on totally black as adult? Either sex?

10. BreezyBre

BreezyBre Songster

Apr 6, 2018
    San Diego CA
    It's going to be a while to be able to tell on these ,they are pretty young . I do have pics of my silkie roo when he was growing up though if you'd like to see those for comparison

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: