poisonous SUMAC

I have rubbed it soooo raw. And it is trying to heal so the skin feels 3 sizes to small lol. So I thought I had bought aloe lotion (but lotion is the key word) and I guess that made it worse. So I knew Vaseline was an old make up remover so I tried it and it has been better. Not great, but better lol. I see light at the end of the tunnel. It is fuzzy, but there is light. And that is all that matters at this point in the game ;)

did you try the baking soda? i have tons of allergies, sumac, evergreens, meds. been in the hospital a few times. the always gave me shots of benadryl.knock me out but sure helped. sucks you cant use it

you done scratching yet? i went out today to feed the guineas and i was attacked by lady bugs ! there were thousands of them all over the coop, couldnt see their water for the ones floating on top. i was shaking and shimmying all the way home ! hahah

Oh my! Hope you didn't get bit. Those suckers hurt. Didn't know they even bit til a few months ago I was walking with my dad, something bit me and when I grabbed it he was laughing at me. Luckily I am not allergic to them haha. And no, I am no where close to being over this mess. Looks like I'm heading back to the Dr. tomorrow. This has been a fiasco!

yes they bit. but they are not regular lady bugs, its something that was imported they are asian beetles. hope the doc helps this time

Those asian beetles are nasty. I hate the smell of them when crushed or vacummed up.

My step-mom stepped on a dead wasp in her bare feet and got stung real bad on the bottom of her foot - it was really red and swollen. I happened to stop by to visit an hour later and I mixed up a paste of baking soda and water and put a glob on the sting site. She said it helped.
When we were kids, my mom would mix up a paste of oatmeal and hot water in the blender and spread that on the poison ivy to take out the itch. I am not allergic to poison ivy (yet), so I can't say if it works or not, but I do remember my sisters walking around with the creamy-pastey arms and legs. They got to skip the bath that night and the sheets were full of dired oatmeal paste by morning, but they could get to sleep at the very least.

So maybe a paste whipped up and put on the rash would help?

Tried the oatmeal and honey last night, it just burned worse. The baking soda baths were helping me arms itching but not the rash. Went back to the Dr. today because my eyes were bout swelled shut again and have fever. She gave me a shot, bigger steroids inside and outside, antibiotics, something better than benedryl and some eye drops. She says it has gone beyond just an allergic reaction. Now if I just knew what I was allergic to lol.

Back
Top Bottom