POL Antics -- Share Your Stories About These Crazy Girls

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
So, in addition to having the bedding kicked out of my nests and all the general restlessness, confusion, and pecking-order jostling that accompanies having 7 POL pullets in the flock (along with some crabby molters among the senior hens), I've been having escapes.

It always seems to happen the same way -- if I've got a bird outside the fence (frantically pacing the perimeter because she desperately wants to get in and can't figure out how), it's a POL pullet.

Yesterday I got home from work to find one of them out. I got her caught, started to make dinner, went to toss some scraps into the run and found a different one out.

Crazy teenagers!

Sat down in my coop yesterday and was immediately surrounded by all my chickens. Orpingtons and EE's sleeping in my lap, crowding me, and wanting petted. I kept feeling a peck on my back and tug at my hair, and saw it was Sunny. (8 month Buff Orp Hen) I dismissed it as her liking my shirt color. Next thing I know, there is a flap and a scuffle and she is sitting on my shoulder! They're crazy, but I love 'em! :p

Sat down in my coop yesterday and was immediately surrounded by all my chickens. Orpingtons and EE's sleeping in my lap, crowding me, and wanting petted. I kept feeling a peck on my back and tug at my hair, and saw it was Sunny. (8 month Buff Orp Hen) I dismissed it as her liking my shirt color. Next thing I know, there is a flap and a scuffle and she is sitting on my shoulder! They're crazy, but I love 'em! :p

Funny how bold pullets get at that age when they used to be so skittish.

Back
Top Bottom