Polish babies!

DoraLeShea

Chirping
May 1, 2018
Hi these are my 3 week old Polish babies. Aren’t they fabulous little things :love
Now I know this breed is notoriously hard to sex but thought I’d throw it out there. Both feathered up super quick. Anything showing up here in regards to possible gender? You guys have been 100% in all your guesses over my posts of the last year!
All white baby is Kip
C2687E8A-45BB-4D66-B5A5-4B5126CC8E22.jpeg

And White crested black baby is miley

9A26FE33-451C-42B8-942A-BC2F53152B70.jpeg

1FE2101B-0A59-4006-8834-D210B146F7A2.jpeg

Thanks in advance guys xx

Super cute, I'd only be guessing! I have two that are coming up to 5 weeks, think?? I may have one of each. I'll add some photos if you get some help

Yours seem to have feathered up a lot better than mine! First two photos of one chick boy?? And second chick photos 3 and 4 girl?? Second chick has much longer tail and small we puff! But first chicks feathers although long are quite round, I've no idea!
20190716_134233.jpg
20190716_134235.jpg
20190715_134959.jpg
20190716_133654.jpg

I have 2 at just over 5 weeks and im hoping they are both girls. They were ordered from murry mcmurray as girls but who knows. To be honest this breed is a little harder to tell for me.

View attachment 1846610

View attachment 1846613

Looking at the crests of yours they are pretty uniform like my miley! Reminds me of a bob hairstyle blowdried back off the face :p so maybe she’s a girl like your two.
I’m thrown by the weird long and short feathers on my kip’s crest- makes me think boy

Yours seem to have feathered up a lot better than mine! First two photos of one chick boy?? And second chick photos 3 and 4 girl?? Second chick has much longer tail and small we puff! But first chicks feathers although long are quite round, I've no idea!
View attachment 1846659 View attachment 1846660 View attachment 1846668 View attachment 1846669

They are just damn cute in their awkward teenage phase :love
Wondering if my kip’s Crest has the long bits growing because he is a boy.

Looking at the crests of yours they are pretty uniform like my miley! Reminds me of a bob hairstyle blowdried back off the face :p so maybe she’s a girl like your two.
I’m thrown by the weird long and short feathers on my kip’s crest- makes me think boy

I dont know if mine are girls. I ordered girls. I am hoping and praying for girls.

I have to give some credit to murray Mcmurray hatchery. This is the 2nd time I ever ordered chicks in my life. Ordered buff orphington pullets years ago and they were 100% correct on their sexing.

This time i ordered
8 buff O girls
1 buff O boy
2 buff laced polish girls
2 buttercup girls
2 true blue girls
2 true green girls

And I am positive every single chick they sent is a girl just like I ordered.

EXCEPT these 2 buff polish. I just cant tell I am inexperienced in the breed and just dont know what to look for.

I am assuming with murry mcmurray perfect record (which impresses me) that they are girls. But i cant visually make that call bc i dont know what im looking for on these strange looking birds lol

On a side note i never lost a single chick either from murry mcmurray. Not in shipping or not in the brooder box. 100% perfect healthy and properly sexed. Im going to stick with this hatchery.

Anyhow lets keep our fingers crossed all the pretty birds are girls!

Back
Top Bottom