Polish/Easter egger or Polish/Seabright

I'm incubating some eggs from my polish hen. She's fertilized by both of these roosters. Can ya'll help me out on how you think they'll look? Will they have crests or not? Will they be small or normal size? Will they have lacing?
Crests: yes, but smaller than the mother's crest.

Lacing: yes, if both parents have lacing. With the other rooster, maybe messy lacing or maybe no lacing.

Size: probably between the parents' sizes, but mixed-breed chicks occasionally grow up to be bigger than either parent, so no guarantees either way.

In addition to the black (lacing or columbian pattern), all chicks will have either silver or gold on them:
From the silver (white) rooster, some chicks will have silver. There might be some gold chicks too, but maybe not. (It depends on whether the rooster also carries the gold gene--I'm guessing not, but can't be certain.)
From the gold rooster, all chicks should be gold.

When the hen and the rooster both have dark-colored legs, all chicks should also have dark colored legs. ("Sebright" rooster.)
When the rooster has light colored legs, some or all of his chicks will also have light colored legs.

In some crosses, gold/silver and leg color can be used to sex chicks while they are young. This will NOT work with the crosses you are making.

Last edited:
Thankyou so much everyone! I know that the Seabright is not quite purebred. I believe he has a little bit of Mille de flour in him. What do you think? As for the Easter Egger rooster I got him from tractor supply so... Here is my Seabright hen is she purebred?
IMG_9059 (2).JPG

She does look pure.

Usually the roosters pattern will be more dominant, but if you cross them, the chicks might look more like a sebright than the roo.
Dominance of a color pattern isn't linked to a specific sex. The color pattern is based on a combination of specific genes.

Sebrights if I remember correctly are:

E^R/E^R _ Birchen

Pg/Pg _ Pattern Gene

Db/Db _ Dark Brown

Ml/Ml _ Melanizer

Co/Co _ Columbia

s+/s+ _ Gold/
s+/- for females

Back
Top Bottom