Polish Hens

LordEvan5

Songster
Oct 21, 2020
Quaker Hill Connecticut
How long do these birdies take to start laying eggs. In all honesty, I really like them as they are aesthetically pleasing but in my area I can only have so many birds and I don't wanna keep too many unproductive birds around when I could have good egg layers. Again not to be petty or mean but I would like to have at least a half dozen eggs a day.

Attachments

• 391DF33D-CB51-40EC-B76D-406E2B05C67A.jpeg
    391DF33D-CB51-40EC-B76D-406E2B05C67A.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 21
How long do these birdies take to start laying eggs. In all honesty, I really like them as they are aesthetically pleasing but in my area I can only have so many birds and I don't wanna keep too many unproductive birds around when I could have good egg layers. Again not to be petty or mean but I would like to have at least a half dozen eggs a day.
P.S they are about a year old

I should have mentioned I have three Rhode Island Reds as well I hope to add more birds in the spring am I doing something wrong that my poles aren't laying at all?
How old are the RIRs? Once they get in the swing of laying, you should be getting an egg every day from each. What feed do you have them on?

All the chickens are about the same age around a year they have starter feed that Tractor Supply recommended plus they get scratch and veggies such as cucumbers pumpkins cabbage carrots and some strawberries
Chick starter feed? If they are a year old, they all need to be on layer feed. Extra treats not layer feed should only be about 10% of their diet.

Back
Top Bottom