Polish - Is this a roo?

Huna

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
I was given this chicken - from what I was told, he/she is 22 or 23 weeks old. There is no crowing, but every time I walk into their run to change their water or give them treats, this chicken chases behind me and pecks at my feet. It doesn't see too well, so I'm not sure if it's just startled easily, or if it's being aggressive. Any guesses would be most welcome.
95156_img_2204.jpg

95156_img_2196.jpg

95156_img_2235.jpg

What's confusing me is that it doesn't crow. I had a beautiful EE roo that had started to crow at 10 weeks - and was chasing and attacking my son.

We hatched several chicks- several breeds/mixes this spring. Too many cockerals. The polish cockeral was the last to get wattles and crow. The tail feathers look like a rooster. The head feathers are more "dreadlock" than "bouffant".

Quote:
thats what im going by, especially the streamers by the tail

Yup that was my thinking as well. Not all of my Roosters crow as of yet and they were hatched in April. The tail feathers say a lot to me. As i said i hatched 17 roosters and am learning fast about Roosters / hens.

Quote:
thats what im going by, especially the streamers by the tail

Yup that was my thinking as well. Not all of my Roosters crow as of yet and they were hatched in April. The tail feathers say a lot to me. As i said i hatched 17 roosters and am learning fast about Roosters / hens.

mine crowed early, but a litter mate to him didnt crow till months later

Back
Top Bottom